Description: Effective development of the military sphere of Ukraine in future is possible considering integration of all military forma-tions of the State in the unified construct and its further transformation into a coherent system. Thus, special attention should be given to the creation of common subsystem which would ensure its vital functions. The variability and uncertainty of the modern geopolitical environment on a global and regional scale puts forward new requirements for ensuring Ukraine's national security and the adequacy of its military -political model challenges. An important aspect in determining the direction of development of the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine is defining its role and place in the system of national interests of Ukraine. Unfortu-nately, there is a mismatch in the defence policy of the State to the security realities of Euro Asian region, as evidenced, in par-ticular, by the present condition of one of the main instruments of the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine as a component of providing national security from external enemies. This situation takes place due to a number of factors that emerged in the process of the Ukrainian nation formation and the whole political system of the states which Ukraine borders on. An important aspect in determining the direction of the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine development is defining its role and place in the system of national interests of Ukraine. We are talking about the need for development of the State and its institutions not ac-cording to the demands of specific individuals (groups), but according to set goals and tasks, which arise out of a clearly articu-lated national interests. Therefore, the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine at the present stage of development requires fun-damentally new approaches in solving existing problems and scientific and feasible strategies for further development and re-forming into a real law enforcement body with special designation according to European standards. The study provides recom-mendations regarding development of capabilities of the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine to take measures in the condi-tions of Allied Force Operation.
Keywords: state border, risk, challenge, threat, national security of Ukraine, Allied Force Operation
1. Derkach, A.L. (2018), “Pro reformu Zbroynykh Syl Ukrayiny” [On the reform of the Armed Forces of Ukraine], aviable at: www.derkach.com.ua.
2. The Law of Ukraine (2005), “Pro orhanizatsiyu oboronnoho planuvannya” [On the organization of defense planning], Supreme Council Bulletine (SCB), No. 4, pp. 1-97.
3. The Law of Ukraine (2003), “Pro Derzhavnu prykordonnu sluzhbu Ukrayiny vid 3 kvitnia 2003 roku № 661-IV” [The State Border Guard Service of Ukraine of 3 April 2003, no. 661-IV], Supreme Council of Ukraine, No. 27, article 19th.
4. Bratko, A.V. and Mykhayliuk, O.O. (2013), “Analiz vitchyznyanoho ta zarubizhnoho dosvidu vykorystannya rezerviv v operatyvno – sluzhboviy diyalʹnosti” [Analysis of domestic and international experience in the use of resources in an operational and service activity], Collection of scientific papers of the National Academy of the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine, No. 1(59), pp. 57-63.
5. The Law of Ukraine (2003), “Pro osnovy natsionalinoii bezpeky Ukraiiny vid 19 chervnia 2003 r. № 964-IV” [On the Fundamentals of National Security of Ukraine of 19 june 2003, no. 964-IV], Supreme Council of Ukraine, No. 39, pp. 361.
6. Ghorodnov, V.P., Dmytrov, S.O. and Palamarchuk, Ju.S (2003), “Osnovnye trebovaniia k modeliam sluzhebno-boievykh deistvyi po okhrane ghosudarstvennoi ghranitsy” [Basic requirements for service-fighting models for the protection of the state border], Zbirnyk naukovykh prats, No. 25, Part II, pp. 9-12.
7. Shamutylo, O.V. (2002), “Metodyka pryynyattya rishennya nachalʹnykom prykordonnoho zahonu na okhoronu derzhav-noho kordonu” [Methodology of decision making by the border guard detachment head on the protection of the state border], Khmelnytskyi, 70 p.
8. Zaitsev, Yu.O. (2012), “Metodyka pryynyattya rishennya nachalʹnykom viddilu prykordonnoyi sluzhblljy na provedennya spetsialʹnykh zakhodiv” [Methodology of decision making by the head of the division of the border guard service for taking spe-cial measures], Khmelnytskyi, 118 p.
9. Report on research work (Code: Search-2PV) (2004), “Rozrobka rekomendatsiy po zastosuvannyu syl ta zasobiv Derz-havnoyi prykordonnoyi sluzhby Ukrayiny shchodo protydiyi sylam spetsialʹnykh operatsiy ta nezakonnym zbroynym formuvann-yam” [Development of recommendations on the use of forces and means of the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine in coun-tering the forces of special operations and illegal armed formations], Khmelnytskyi, 204 p.
10. Kosevtsov, V.O. (1999), “Natsionalʹna bezpeka Ukrayiny: teoriya, realʹnistʹ i prohnoz: monohrafiia” [National Secu-rity of Ukraine: Theory, Reality and Prognosis: monograph], NISD, Kyiv, 101 p.
11. Kosevtsov, V.O. and Binko, I.F. (1996), “Ukrayina v systemi viysʹkovo-politychnykh vidnosyn z susidnimy krayinamy: kilʹkisnyi vymir” [Ukraine in the System of Military-Political Relations with Neighboring Countries: Quantitative Measurement], NISS, Kyiv, 40 p.
12. Lipikan, V.A. (2009), “Natsionalʹna bezpeka Ukrayiny: navchalnyi posibnyk” [National Security of Ukraine: tutorial], KNT, Kyiv, 576 p.