Description: Three integrated factors concerning the use of distance learning in military education are considered: technological, pedagogical and organizational. The types of distance learning technologies that are suitable for military education are offered, their advantages and disadvantages are shown. The ways of their use for training military experts are shown. This is based on the analysis of the main types of organizational structures of distance education. The main types of distance learning technolo-gies that are acceptable in the choice of information technologies for application in distance education programs at military higher education institutions are highlighted. The several methods of distance learning have been analyzed in terms of applica-tion to military education. It should be noted that only a certain combination of these methods can give a significant result in the theoretical training of a military specialist or preliminary preparation for the implementation of practical exercises, and the practical component of training can be implemented only under the direct leadership of the teacher cadets (listeners). The analy-sis of the main types of organizational structures of distance education makes it possible to identify those that can be applied in the field of military education. It also shows the peculiarities of their application in the educational process of military educa-tional institutions. Consideration of the main types of organizational structures of distance education shows that among the exist-ing types of the above-mentioned structures, the units for tuition by correspondence (distance education) in traditional universi-ties, the consortium of universities, as well as open universities are available for the military education field. At the same time, measures of practical training can not be carried out with the help of distance learning, which only provides theoretical training and preparation for practical training. The results of the implementation of distance learning must be analyzed with the first results for further improvement and further adaptation to the field of military education.
Keywords: distance learning, distance learning technology, distance learning methods, organizational structures, military education
1. Traxler, J. (2017), Mobile Learning: The Philosophical Challenges, Problems and Implications of Defining and Theorising. Progressio: South African Journal for Open and Distance Learning Practice, http://dx.doi.org/10.25159/0256-8853/1785.
2. Rafalska, O.O. (2013), “Tekhnolohiia zmishanoho navchannia yak innovatsiia dystantsiinoi osvity” [Technological development of science and technology in the field of innovation], Computer-integrated technologies: education, science, production, No. 11, Lutsk, pp. 128-133.
3. Lishchynsʹka, L.B. (2017), “Dystantsiyne navchannya yak suchasna osvitnya tekhnolohiya: materialy mizhvuzivsʹkoho vebinaru” [Distance learning as a modern educational technology: materials of the internship webinar], VTEI KNTEU, Vinnytsya, 102 р.
4. Vyshnivskyi, V.V., Hnidenko, M.P., Haidur, H.I. and Ilin, O.O. (2014), “Orhanizatsiia dystantsiinoho navchannia. Stvorennia elektronnykh navchalnykh kursiv ta elektronnykh testiv: navch. posibn” [Organization of distance learning. Creating e-learning courses and electronic tests], DUT, Kyiv, 140 p.
5. Sysoieva, S.O. and Osadcha, K.P. (2011), “Systemy dystantsiinoho navchannia: porivnialnyi analiz navchalnykh mozhlyvostei” [A Comparative Study of Learning Opportunities], aviable at: www.academia.edu/931578.
6. Kukharenko, V.M., Syrotenko, N.H., Molodykh, H.S. and Tverdokhliebova, N.Ie. (2005), “Dystantsiinyi navchalnyi protses” [Distance learning process], Milenium, Kyiv, 292 p.
7. Quendler, E. and Lamb, M. (2016), Learning as a lifelong process-meeting the challenges of the changing employability landscape: competences, skills and knowledge for sustainable development, International Journal of Continuing Engineering Education and Life Long Learning, No. 26.3, pр. 273-293.
8. Manuel, J. SánchezFranco, Begoña Peral-Peral, Ángel F. Villarejo-Ramos (2014), Users’ intrinsic and extrinsic drivers to use a webbased educational environment, Computers & Education, No. 74, pp. 8-97. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compedu.2014.02.001.
9. Bykov, V.Iu, Hrytsenchuk, O.O. and Zhuk, Yu.O. (2015), “Informatsiine zabezpechennia navchalno-vykhovnoho protsesu: innovatsiini zasoby i tekhnolohii: monohrafiia” [Information support of the educational process: innovative means and technologies: monograph], Atika, Kyiv, 140 p.
10. Vyshnivskyi, V.V., Hnidenko, M.P., Haidur, H.I. and Ilin, O.O. (2014), “Orhanizatsiia dystantsiinoho navchannia. Stvorennia elektronnykh navchalnykh kursiv ta elektronnykh testiv” [Organization of distance learning. Creating e-learning courses and electronic tests], DUT, Kyiv, 140 p.
11. Nasiri, Fuzhan and Mafakheri, Fereshteh (2014), Postgraduate research supervision at a distance: A review of challenges and strategies. Studies in Higher Education, No. 40 (10): 1962-9. https://doi.org/10.1080/03075079.2014.914906.