Description: The article examines the possibility of reducing the required amount of large-caliber rockets with a cluster warhead equipped with combat elements to perform a typical fire mission with a given probability value. The probability of impact a small object that is part of a group target depends on the probability of its covering by the area of uniform dispersion of combat elements drop points, after opening the cluster warhead, and on the probability of the combat element hitting the reduced object damage area. For calculating probability values, the average values of these areas are usually used. The main theses of the method of analytical assessment of the combat elements drop points dispersion area space are given. It area is approximated by an ellipse. Formulas for estimating the values of this ellipse parameters (the maximum range and lateral deviations of combat elements drop points from the grouping center) are given. It was propose to calculate the flight range of a combat element in the main shooting plane based on the “cubic” theory of a material point motion in a plane-parallel gravity field, taking into account the effect of air resistance by finding the real positive root of a third-degree polynomial. The conditions the maximum range and in the lateral deviations of combat elements drop points from the grouping center occur are determined. Based on the above method, an estimation of the size of uniform dispersion area of combat elements drop points was obtained. It has been established that the dimensions of this space depend on the height of the cluster warhead opening point and the velocity vector of the center of mass of the rocket at the time of opening the cluster warhead, which in turn depend on the firing range. The graph of the dependence of combat elements dispersion area from the firing range is obtained. Given graph shows that at small and long firing ranges, the value of the combat elements dispersion area decreases compared with the average value, which leads to an increase the density of distribution of combat elements. This feature is a prerequisite for exploring the possibility of reducing required amount of rockets in future research.
Keywords: combat elements, dispersion of drop points, space of dispersion area , cubic theory of a material point motion
1. Alimpiev, A.M., Pevtsov, G.V. and Grib, D.A. (2015), “Dovidnyk uchasnyka ATO: ozbroiennia i viiskova tekhnika Zbroinykh Syl Rosiiskoi Federatsii” [Reference book of the participant of the ATO: armament and military equipment of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation], Original, Kharkiv, 732 p.
2. Ivanov, S. (2001), “Oruzhiye i tekhnologii Rossii. Entsiklopediya. XXI vek. Tom 02. Raketno-artilleriyskoye vooruzheniye sukhoputnykh voysk” [Weapons and technology of Russia. Encyclopedia. XXI Century. Volume 02. Rocket and artillery armament of ground forces], Weapons and Technologies, Moscow, 687 p.
3. O'Melli, T.D. (2000), “Sovremennaya artilleriya: orudiya. RSZO. Minomety” [Modern artillery: guns, MLRS, mortars], Eksmo-Press, Moscow, 160 p.
4. Alimpiiev, A.M. and Pievtsov, H.V. (2017), “Osoblyvosti hibrydnoi viiny RF proty Ukrainy. Dosvid, shcho otrymanyi Povitrianymy Sylamy Zbroinykh Syl Ukrainy” [The features of the hybrid war of the Russian Federation against Ukraine. Experience received by the Armed Forces of the Armed Forces of Ukraine], Science and Technology of the Air Force of Ukraine, No. 2(27), pp. 19-25. https://doi.org/10.30748/nitps.2017.27.03.
5. “Analiz vedennia antyterorystychnoi operatsii ta naslidkiv vtorhnennia Rosiiskoi Federatsii v Ukrainu u serpni-veresni 2014 roku” [Analyze the anti-terrorist operations on the invasion of the Russian Federation in Ukraine at the beginning of 2014], available at: www.depo.ua/rus/war/analiz-vedennya-ato-ta-naslidkiv-vtorgnennya-rosiyi-v-ukrayinu-13082015154800.
6. Popov, I.M. and Hamzatov, M.M. (2016), “Voyna buduschego: Kontseptualnyie osnovyi i prakticheskie vyivodyi. Ocherki strategicheskoy myisli” [War of the future: Conceptual framework and practical conclusions. Strategic Cape Essays], Kuchkovo pole, Moscow, 832 p.
7. Oliiarnyk, B.O., Yevtushenko, K.S., Bondaruk, A.B., Hliebov, V.V., Kazakov, B.M. and Kononenko, V.O. (2009), “Intehrovana harantozdatna systema upravlinnia vohnem i navihatsii samokhidnykh raketnykh ta artyleriiskykh system na kolisnomu ta husenychnomu shasi” [Integrated dependable fire control and navigation system of self-propelled rocket and artillery systems on wheeled and tracked chassis], Intehrovani tekhnolohii ta enerhozberezhennia, No. 2, pp. 146-152.
8. Zvyhlianych, S.M., Bzot, V.B. and Antonov, A.V. (2016), “Systema pidtrymky pryiniattia rishen na osnovi vykorystannia rozviduvalnykh vidomostei” [The decision making support system based on threats intelligence assessment], Information Processing Systems, No. 7(144), pp. 83-85.
9. Hazov, V.A. (2008), “Prakticheskie rekomendacii artillerijskim komandiram (nachal'nikam) i shtabam po vypolneniyu ognevyh zadach reaktivnym polkom” [Practical recommendations to artillery commanders (chiefs) and staffs on the implementation of fire missions by a jet regiment], Journal of Scientific Publications, No. 4, рр. 250-253. available at: http://jurnal.org/articles/2008/mil4.html.
10. Bobrikov, A.A. (2006), “Ocenka ehffektivnosti ognevogo porazheniya udarami raket i ognem artillerii: voenno-teoreticheskij trud” [Evaluation of the effectiveness of fire damage by missile strikes and artillery fire: military theoretical work], Galeya Print, Sankt-Peterburg, 421 p.
11. Barkovskij, A.F. (2005), “Teoreticheskie osnovy upravleniya udarami i ognem artillerii” [Theoretical bases of control of strikes and artillery fire], МВАА, Sankt-Peterburg, 406 p.
12. Dmitriev, V.O. (2004), “Reaktivnyie sistemyi zalpovogo ognya inostrannyih gosudarstv” [Multiple launch rocket systems of foreign countries], Zarubezhnoe voennoe obozrenie, No. 7, рр. 35-39.
13. Fesenko, Yu.L. and Zolotov, N.I. (2010), “O zadachah strel'by i stepenyah porazheniya ob”ektov pri primenenii vysokotochnogo oruzhiya” [On the tasks of shooting and the degrees of destruction of objects when using high-precision weapons], Voennaya mysl, No. 2, pp. 58-63.
14. Zaporozhec, V.I. (2006), “Boevaya ehffektivnost' sredstv porazheniya i boepripasov” [Combat effectiveness of weapons and ammunition], Balt. gos. tekhn. un-t, Sankt-Peterburg, 159 p.
15. Kehrt, B.E., Kozlov, V.I. and Makarovec, N.A. (2006), “Matematicheskoe modelirovanie i ehksperimental'naya otrabotka sistem razdeleniya reaktivnyh snaryadov” [Mathematical modeling and experimental testing of missile separation systems], Jurait, Moscow, 652 p.
16. Zhuravlev, A.A., Novichenko, S.V. and Gerasimov, S.V. (2014), “Metod rascheta prognoziruemoi traektorii aeroballisticheskogo apparata” [The method of calculating the predicted trajectory of the aeroballistic apparatus], Science and Technology of the Air Force of Ukraine, No. 2(15), pp. 97-100.
17. Zhuravlov, O.O., Orlov, S.V., Ivanets, M.G. and Safarova, G.M. (2016), Firing artillery battery and impact point grid value analytical calculations based on series of measurements by counter artillery radar, Systems of Arms and Military Equipment, No. 4(48), pp. 103-107.