Description: In modern terms the issue of defense and protection of the state border in conditions of armed conflict is considered as a key one. Today, the armed provocations on the demarcation line between the temporarily occupied territories of Donetsk and Luhansk regions don’t stop, the armed clashes between law-enforcement and terrorist organizations continue and that is the threat to national security of Ukraine. One of the tasks of the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine (hereinafter SBGSU) in the area of Allied Force Operation (hereinafter AFO) is participation in combating the subversive groups (further SG) of illegal Russian and pro-Russian forces in the East of our State.The specificity of the armed confrontation at the border requires each officer of the headquarters according to the type of his activity to have a high level of competence, be able to devote considerable time, energy, experience. It also requires a high level of responsibility, since the implementation of decisions, in particular concerning the search and elimination of the SG demands effective and harmonious work of the entire organizational mechanism of the headquarters. The experience of conducting AFO and ATO indicate that the successful solution of problems on finding and eliminating the enemy's SG largely depends on the concerted action of forces and means of border guard division, leadership and coordination of actions which carries out the headquarters of border guard detachment. These circumstances require the headquarters of the border guard detachment to provide timely training and well-founded proposals for management decision-making of the head of border guard detachment. Therefore, special attention is paid to defining the ways of increasing the efficiency and sustainability of management, quality of management decisions, improving the system of interaction between SBGSU and other military and law enforcement agencies of Ukraine on search and elimination of the SG, that may be achieved by improving the methods of work of the headquarters of the border guard detachment when performing these tasks. The study improved the technique that allows to help the headquarters of the border guard detachment to prepare grounded proposals to the decision of the head of border guard detachment on search and elimination of enemy SG and to organize implementation of taken decisions in any conditions. In the proposed methodology of work of the headquarters were selected three main blocks: analysis of information process of decision-making, the development and taking of a decision, the implementation of a decision. Each of these units has its own substantial content, allowing to improve the technology of decision making and its communicating to the performers.
Keywords: state border, headquarters of the border guard detachment, decision making, operational and tactical calculations
1. The main operational command of the General Staff of the Armed Forces (2014), “Dosvid zastosuvannya zbroynykh syl providnykh krayin svitu” [The experience of using the armed forces of the leading countries of the world], GOU GSH of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, Kyiv, 181 p.
2. The main operational command of the General Staff of the Armed Forces (2014), “Metodychni rekomendatsiyi shchodo zastosuvannya viysʹk (syl)” [Methodical recommendations on the use of troops (forces)], GOU GSH of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, Kyiv, 107 p.
3. The main operational command of the General Staff of the Armed Forces (2014) “Metodychni rekomendatsiyi shchodo orhanizatsiyi ta vedennya kontrzasadnykh diy pidrozdilamy v khodi spetsialʹnoyi operatsiyi” [Methodical recommendations on the organization and conduct of counter-offensive actions by units during a special operation], GOU GSH of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, Kyiv, 8 p.
4. National Institute for Strategic Studies (2016) “Protydiya hibrydniy viyni: dosvid Ukrayiny” [Hybrid war counteraction: Ukraine's experience / Analytical report], Kyiv, 74 p.
5. Bratko, A.V. and Mysyk, A.B. (2016), “Metodyka pryynyattya rishenʹ na zastosuvannya rezerviv u razi uskladnennya obstanovky” [Methodology of making decisions on the application of reserves in the event of a complicated situation], Collection of scientific papers of the National Academy of the Border Guard Service of Ukraine. Series: Military and Technical Sciences, No. 3(69), рр. 91-101.
6. Boyko, V.V. (2009), “Metodyka pryynyattya upravlinsʹkykh rishenʹ u sferi okhorony derzhavnoho kordonu v umovakh ryzyku” [Methodology of making management decisions in the sphere of protection of the state border in the conditions of risk], Khmelnytskyi, 77 p.
7. Shamutylo, O.V. (2002), “Metodyka pryynyattya rishennya nachalʹnykom prykordonnoho zahonu na okhoronu derzhavnoho kordonu” [Methodology of decision making by the border guard detachment head on the protection of the state border], Graduate work, Khmelnytskyi, 70 p.
8. Zaitsev, Yu.O. (2012), “Metodyka pryynyattya rishennya nachalʹnykom viddilu prykordonnoyi sluzhby na provedennya spetsialʹnykh zakhodiv” [Methodology of decision making by the head of the division of the border guard service for taking special measures] Khmelnytskyi, 118 p.
9. Report on research work (2004), “Rozrobka rekomendatsiy po zastosuvannyu syl ta zasobiv Derzhavnoyi prykordonnoyi sluzhby Ukrayiny shchodo protydiyi sylam spetsialʹnykh operatsiy ta nezakonnym zbroynym formuvannyam” [Development of recommendations on the use of forces and means of the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine in countering the forces of special operations and illegal armed formations], Code - Search - 2PV, Khmelnytskyi, 204 p.
10. Lytvyn, M.M., Mysyk, A.B. and Katerynchuk, I.S. (2004), “Metodyky operatyvno-taktychnykh rozrakhunkiv” [Methods of operational-tactical calculations], Publ. NADPSU, 82 p.