Description: The article analyzes the possibility of using a multilateration system in cooperation with existing radar facilities during the conduct of radar surveillance of airspace. Possible variants of detection, determination of coordinates and tracking of air objects that seek to be undetected or to lead mimicry are given. The information possibilities of the ADS-B receivers are reviewed. The directions of consolidation of the capabilities of the multilateration system and information from radar facilities are determined. The possibilities of obtaining data from the ADS-B receivers in radio engineering units and the technical means of determining such information are considered. The methods used are: methods for determining the coordinates of the air object, the distance-range method, the methods of passive radar, methods for determining the coordinates of the air object using the information of satellite navigation systems. The principles of the Time Difference of Arrival method (difference-ranging method) is considered, which is the basis of using of the ADS-B receivers in determining the coordinates of air objects. The factors that influence the accuracy of determining the coordinates of an air object are shown. In conducting calculations, the geometry of the ADS-B re-ceivers placement, the location of the airborne object relative to ADS-B receivers, the amount of ADS-B receivers use, and the accuracy of the airborne object coordinate system on the flight path are taken into account. The calculations were made taking into account the location of the ASD-B receivers in the area of radio-technical units location. Features and limitations of using the infor-mation from the multilateration system are considered. As receivers of the multilateration system, proposed to use the ADS-B system receivers. The existing problems of airspace control are identified and solutions are offered. The results obtained with regard to the improvement of the accuracy of trajectory measurements and the reduction of the squared error of the calculation of the coordinates of the air facility in the application of the multipositional location ADS-B receivers.
Keywords: radars, control point, ADS-B, recovers, information source, air situation, dependent observation, independent observation, airspace, airspace control, coordinates
1. Artemenko, A.M. and Pevtsov, H.V. (2015), “Tendentsii rozvytku Povitrianykh Syl Zbroinykh Syl Ukrainy na osnovi analizu dosvidu provedennia ATO” [Trends in the development of the Air Forces of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on the basis of analysis of the ATO experience], Novitni tekhnolohii – dlia zakhystu povitrianoho prostoru: X1 scientific and technical conference of Kharkiv National Air Force University, Kharkiv, pp. 16.
2. Alimpiiev, A.M., Pevtsov, G.V. and Gryb, D.A. (2015), “Dovidnyk uchasnyka ATO: ozbroiennia i viiskova tekhnika Zbroinykh Syl Rosiiskoi Federatsii” [Reference book of the participant of the ATO: armament and military equipment of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation], Original, Kharkiv, 732 p.
3. Fewell, M.P. (2006), Area of common overlap of three circles, Defence science and technology organization, Edinburgh, Australia, рр. 1-30.
4. EUROCONTROL (2015), Specification for Surveillance Data Exchange ASTERIX Part 12 Category 21 ADS-B Target Reports.
5. Barton, D.K. (2005), Radar System Analysis and Modeling, Artech Hause, Norwood, 545 p.
6. Li, Jian and Stoica, Petre (2009), MIMO Radar Signal Processing, John Wiley & Sons, New Jersey, 448 p.
7. Svyd, I.V. and Obod, A.I. (2015), “Syntez struktury informatsiynoho zabezpechennya spozhyvachiv informatsiynymy systemamy sposterezhennya povitryanoho prostoru” [Synthesis of the structure of information provision of consumers by information systems of observation of airspace], Scientific Works of Kharkiv National Air Force University, No. 2(43), pp. 67-70.
8. Obod, I.I., Strel'nyts'kyy, O.O. and Andrusevych, V.A. (2015), “Informatsiyna model' system sposterezhennya povitryanoho prostoru” [Information model of airspace surveillance systems], KHNURE, Kharkiv, 270 p.
9. Shirman, J.D. (1970), “Teoretycheskye osnovy radyolokatsyy” [Theoretical basis of radar], Moscow, 560 p.
10. Zaytsev, D.V. (2007), “Mnogopozicionnye radiolokacionnye sistemy” [Multi-position radar systems], Mosсow, 114 p.
11. Hontsa, D.I. (2017), “Vykorystannya skladnykh shyrokosmuhovykh syhnaliv u systemi mul'tyrateratsiyi MLAT” [The use of complex broadband signals in the Multilateration system MLAT], Donets'k NTU, available at: www.masters.donntu.org/2014/frt/gontsa/diss/indexu.htm (accessed 10 January 2019).
12. Yakovlev, O.I. (2010), “Multylateratsiini systemy sposterezhennia povitrianoho rukhu” [Multi-lateral air traffic monitoring systems], Kyiv, 192 p.
13. Leshchenko, S.P., Kolesnik, O.M., Hrytsayenko, S.A. and Burkovskii, S.I. (2017), “Vykorystannia informatsii ADS-B v interesakh pidvyshchennia yakosti vedennia radiolokatsiinoi rozvidky povitrianoho prostoru” [Ways to create a single picture of the air environment to identify threatening and crisis situations in the air], Science and Technology of the Air Force of Ukraine, No. 3(28), pp. 69-75. https://doi.org/10.30748/nitps.2017.28.09.
14. Standards of USA (2009), RTCA DO-260B. Minimum Operational Performance Standards for 1090 MHz Extended Squitter Automatic Dependent Surveillance – Broadcast (ADS-B) and Traffic Information Services – Broadcast (TIS-B), Washington, 185 p.