Description: The article deals with the current state, prospects of development and introduction of the latest technologies and communi-cations in the communication and automation system of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in order to distinguish the main directions of their application during the construction of a modern system of troop control. The research methodology consists in a gradual and detailed analysis of the state, trends in the development and implementation of modern technologies and digital communications in the Armed Forces of Ukraine to the armed conflict, at the beginning of the ATO, during the antiterrorist operation and in the recent period. Methods of analysis, comparison, description and generalization were used. The analysis showed that with the commencement of hostilities in the East of Ukraine, the Ukrainian Armed Forces communications system did not meet the needs of the Ukrainian Armed Forces, the modern means of communication were virtually absent, and the available ones - significantly yielded to the characteristics of foreign counterparts. The problem was solved by equipping military units with means of commu-nication of foreign, usually civilian, production. Subsequently, in the Armed Forces of Ukraine, there was an increase and im-provement of the communication system by military means, which were built on the modern SDR technology. The main features and features of these tools are analyzed in the work. Over the past few years, the Armed Forces of Ukraine has undertaken a number of measures to re-equip the field (mobile) components of an automated control, communication, intelligence and surveil-lance system that meets NATO standards. Consequently, the communications system, which is now functioning in the Armed Forces, provides stable management of troops and forces. At the same time, work on further development and transformation to full compatibility with NATO does not stop. It is concluded that the development of the communication and automation system of the Armed Forces of Ukraine has a steady tendency for comprehensive development and modernization, re-equipment of the troops with the latest means of communication and the transition to modern digital technologies. Within the framework of the implementation of the provisions of the Strategic Defense Bulletin of Ukraine in the Armed Forces of Ukraine, work is under way to create an effective system of management, communication, intelligence and observation (C4ISR) that would meet NATO standards and ensure its integration with the Unified Defense Resources Management System.
Keywords: digital communication, communication system, modern technologies, the Armed Forces of Ukraine, the C4ISR system
1. Lavrut, O.O., Klimovich, O.K. and Lavrut, T.V. (2014), “Perspektyvy rozvytku avtomatyzovanykh system upravlinnja taktychnoji lanky upravlinnja Sukhoputnykh vijsjk Zbrojnykh Syl Ukrajiny” [Prospects for the development of automated control systems for the tactical management of the Land Forces of the Armed Forces of Ukraine], Information Processing Systems, No. 5 (121), pp. 116-120.
2. Lavrut, O.O., Klimovich, O.K., Tarasjuk, M.L. and Antonjuk, O.L. (2017), “Stan ta perspektyvy zastosuvannja suchasnykh tekhnologhij ta zasobiv radiozv'jazku v Zbrojnykh Sylakh Ukrajiny” [The state and prospects of using modern tech-nologies and means of radio communication in the Armed Forces of Ukraine], Systems of Arms and Military Equipment, No. 1 (49), pp. 42-49.
3. Klimovich, O.K. (2015), “Zastosuvannia suchasnykh system i kompleksiv zviazku ta avtomatyzatsii dlia potreb Zbroinykh Syl Ukrainy pid chas provedennia antyterorystychnoi operatsii” [Application of modern communication and automation systems and complexes for the needs of the Armed Forces of Ukraine during the antiterrorist operation], Scientific Works of Kharkiv National Air Force University, No. 2 (43), pp. 23-28.
4. The official site of Military Institute of Telecommunications and Informatization of the Name of the Heroes of Krut, available at: www.viti.edu.ua/newspaper.
5. (2016), “Kommunykacyy i sety. Telekom: specyaljnij vipusk “Voennaja svjazj. Tekhnologhyy, reshenyja, proekti”” [Communications and networks. Telecom: Special Issue “Military Communication. Technologies, Solutions, Projects”], Septem-ber 2016, 140 p.
6. Bovda, E.M., Plugovij, J.A. and Romanjuk, V.A. (2016), “Konceptualjni osnovy syntezu avtomatyzovanoji systemy upravlinnja zv'jazkom vijsjkovogho pryznachennja” [Conceptual bases of the synthesis of the automated military management system for military purposes], Collection of scientific works of VITI, No. 1, pp. 6-18.
7. Bondarenko, L.O., Plugova, O.B., Cimbal, I.V. and Chernish, J.O. (2016), “Osnovni innovacijni naprjamky rozvytku systemy zv'jazku Zbrojnykh Syl Ukrajiny” [The main innovative directions of the development of the communication system of the Armed Forces of Ukraine], Collection of scientific works of VITI, No. 1, pp. 19-24.
8. Lavrut, O.O. (2012), “Metod upravlinnja potokamy informaciji u fraghmenti mobiljnogho komponentu perspektyvnoji systemy zv'jazku v nadzvychajnykh sytuacijakh, shho zminjujutjsja” [Method of information flow control in the fragment of the mobile component of the perspective communication system in the changing emergency situations], Science and Technology of the Air Force of Ukraine, No. 1 (7), pp. 94-101.
9. The Decree of President of Ukraine (2016), “No. 240/2016 Pro rishennja Rady nacionaljnoji bezpeky i oborony Ukrajiny vid 20 travnja 2016 roku “Pro Strateghichnyj oboronnyj bjuletenj Ukrajiny”” [No. 240/2016 On the decision of the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine dated May 20, 2016, “On the Strategic Defense Bulletin of Ukraine”], available at: www.president.gov.ua/documents/2402016-20137.
10. Soldani, D., Das, S.K., Hassan, M., Hassan, J.A. and Mandyam, G.D. (2011), Traffic Management for Mobile Broad-band Networks, IEEE Journals & Magazines, Vol. 49, Iss. 10, pp. 98-100, https://doi.org/10.1109/MCOM.2011.6035822.
11. Brunetti, J.A., Chakrabarti, K., Ionescu-Graff, A.M., Nagarajan, R. and Sun, D. (2011), Open Network Quality of Ser-vice and Bandwidth Control: Use Cases, Technical Architecture, and Business Models, Bell Labs Technical Journal, Vol. 16, Iss. 2, pp. 133-152. http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/bltj.20507.
12. Chrost, L. and Chydzinski, A. (2016), On the Deterministic Approach to Active Queue Management, Telecommunication Systems, Vol. 63, No. 1, pp. 27-44, http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11235-015-9969-9.
13. Cyrillo, I.O., Pelegrini, M.A., Quiroga, G., Almeida, C.F.M., Tahan, C.M.V. and Gouvea, M.R. (2017), An Experience in Determining a Cost Versus Quality of Service Characteristic in Order to Define Optimal Investment Level, 24th International Conference & Exhibition on Electricity Distribution (CIRED), CIRED – Open Access Proceedings Journal, Vol. 2017, Iss. 1, pp. 500-503, https://doi.org/10.1049/oap-cired.2017.1241.
14. Ceferin, P., Toroš, Z., Ðukić, R., Štih, I. and Zupan, B. (2017), Service Quality Assurance in the IP Networks for Smart Grids, 24th International Conference & Exhibition on Electricity Distribution (CIRED), CIRED – Open Access Proceedings Journal, Vol. 2017, Iss. 1, pp. 1459-1462, https://doi.org/10.1049/oap-cired.2017.1170.
15. The official site of Datagroup, available at: www.datagroup.ua.
16. The official site of Motorola, available at: www.motorola.com/us/home.
17. The official site of Harris, available at: www.harris.com/product-line/harris-falcon-radios.
18. (2015), “Vse pro radyostantsyy s prohrammyruemymy parametramy (SDR)” [All about radio stations with programmable parameters (SDR)], Communications and networks. Telecom: Special Issue “Military Communication. Technologies, Solutions, Projects”, No. 1, available at: https://hi-tech.ua/article/vsyo-pro-radiostantsii-s-programmiruemyimi-parametrami-sdr.
19. The official site of Aselsan, available at: www.aselsan.com.tr.
20. The official site of Elbitsystems, available at: www.elbitsystems.com.
21. Kushnir, O. (2017), “Osnovni tendenciji ta perspektyvy rozvytku vijsjkovogho radiorelejnogho zv'jazku” [Main tendencies and prospects of military radio relay communication development], Ukrainian Military Pages, available at: www.ukrmilitary.com/2017/10/RRZ.html.
22. The official site of Telecard, available at: www.telecard.odessa.ua/ru/produktsiya/dlya-silovykh-struktur/novaya-i-vnov-razrabatyvaemaya/stantsiya-radiorelejnaya-shirokopolosnaya.
23. The official site of Harris Intercom System, available at: www.harris.com/solution/harris-rf-intercom-networking-system.