Description: The article reports on the design and development of an expert vehicle fault diagnosis system. It is noted that in order to ensure the efficient operation and the normal technical condition of the vehicle, it is necessary to carry out its diagnostics on quality grounds in a timely manner and promptly troubleshoot. It is revealed that intelligent systems, in particular, expert systems will significantly improve the quality of diagnostics of the technical condition of a vehicle through the use of a knowledge base of effective methods and algorithms for information processing. At the same time, the expert system performs the role of an experienced specialist who, by a set of signs, will form a ready-made solution for the detected fault. The possibility of supplementing and expanding the knowledge system of the expert system will ensure the viability of these systems and their wide distribution. The article describes the use case diagram and IDEF0 diagram of the developed expert system, which define its functionality at the conceptual level. It is noted that the diagram of use cases of the developed expert system has one element “actor” and two elements “precedent”, which contain internal precedents. In the IDEF0 functional modeling diagram, the decomposition is carried out into its component parts, which determine the sequence of processing the information entered into the expert system. There are considered the interface of the expert system and the main modes of operation. The use of an expert system allows you to increase the reliability of the vehicle through the operational control of its technical condition, as well as reduce the time and cost of the troubleshooting process. In further studies, it is planned to increase the functionality of the expert system by introducing new rules for processing expert data.
Keywords: car malfunction, expert system, use case diagram, IDEF0 diagram, programming
1. Borodenko, Yu.M. (2018), “Syntez ekspertnoi diahnostychnoi systemy elektropryvodu avtomobilia” [Synthesis of the expert diagnostic system of the electric drive of the car], Car and Electronics. Modern technology, No. 13, pp. 108-114.
2. Volkov, V.P., Hrytsuk, I.V., Komov, A.P. and Volkov, Yu.V. (2014), “Osoblyvosti monitorynhu i vyznachennia statusu nespravnostei transportnoho zasobu u skladi bortovoho informatsiino-diahnostychnoho kompleksu” [Features of monitoring and defining the status of vehicle failure in the on-board information and diagnostic complex], Bulletin of the National Transport University, No. 30, pp. 51-62.
3. Kravchenko, O.P., Sakno, O.P., Lukichov, O.V. and Hnatiuk, M.I. (2011), “Analiz chynnykiv, shcho vyznachaiut intensyvnist i kharakter znosu protektora shyn ta yoho zv’iazok z tekhnichnym stanom elementiv avtomobilia” [Analysis of the factors determining the intensity and nature of the wear of the tire tread and its relationship with the technical condition of the car elements], Scientific notes, No. 31, pp. 170-176.
4. Kukurudziak, Yu.Yu. (2016), “Monitorynh tekhnichnoho stanu avtomobilia pry riznykh umovakh ekspluatatsii” [Monitoring of the technical condition of the car under different operating conditions], Scientific notes, No. 55, pp. 228-231.
5. Pavlenko, V.M. (2014), “Mistse diahnostuvannia v protsesi zhyttievoho tsyklu avtomobilia” [Diagnosis place in the life cycle of the car], Bulletin of the Donetsk Academy of Motor Transport, No. 3, pp. 74-77.
6. Sharov, S.V. and Lubko, D.V. (2017), “Rozrobka intelektualnoi informatsiinoi systemy dlia ptakhivnytstva” [Development of intellectual information system for poultry], Information Processing Systems, No. 4(150), pp. 170-174. https://doi.org/10.30748/soi.2017.150.36.
7. Abdelsalam, H. ., Borhan, M.N. and Rahmat, R.A.O. (2018), Expert system for green transportation system: an overview, Journal of Theoretical & Applied Information Technology, Vol. 96, No. 7, pp. 1907-1923.
8. Budiharto, W. (2013), The development of an expert car failure diagnosis system with bayesian approach, Journal of Computer Science, Vol. 9, No. 10, pp. 1383-1088. https://doi.org/10.3844/jcssp.2013.1383.1388.
9. Geng, C. and Gao, F. (2016), Embedded Fault Diagnosis Expert System on Weapon Equipment, 6th International Conference on Mechatronics, Computer and Eduation Informationization (MCEI 2016), Vol. 130, pp. 1112-1119.
10. Mostafa, S.A., Mohd, S.A., Mazin, A.M. and Obaid, O.I. (2012), Implementing an expert diagnostic assistance system for car failure and malfunction, International Journal of Computer Science Issues (IJCSI), Vol. 9, No. 2, pp. 1-7.
11. Soltana, G., Fourneret, E., Adedjouma, M., Sabetzadeh, M. and Briand, L. (2014), Using UML for modeling procedural legal rules: Approach and a study of Luxembourg’s Tax Law, International Conference on Model Driven Engineering Languages and Systems, Springer, Cham, pp. 450-466.
12. Suryadi, K. and Nurzal, E. (1998), A decision support system for car fault diagnosis using expert system, International Journal of Information Sciences for Decision Making, No. 2, pp. 75-78.
13. Waissi, G.R., Demir, M., Humble, J.E. and Lev, B. (2015), Automation of strategy using IDEF0 – A proof of concept, Operations Research Perspectives, No. 2, pp. 106-113. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.orp.2015.05.001.