Description: The article presents the experience of using Simulink applications for visual simulation modeling of interference protection algorithms that are implemented in radar stations of radio engineering troops. Visual simulation modeling of the protection against interference for the radar stations of radio engineering troops is today the most powerful and universal method of research and evaluation of their effectiveness. The main focus of recent publications is primarily on the disclosure of issues of the process of designing visual-simulation applications in Matlab / Simulink, however, questions about the use of Simulink-application data in the educational process of a higher military educational institution were not considered. Examples of Simulink applications that simulate algorithms for selection of moving targets, compensation of active noise and chaotic impulse noise are given. The general approaches to the use of the anti-interference algorithms of radar stations of radio engineering troops in the educational process of a higher military educational institution created by visual simulation applications are considered. Recommendations were made to the subjects of the educational process on the application of the proposed Simulink-applications for information support for the training of cadets in the military-technical disciplines, as well as to scientists for conducting studies on the effectiveness of the interference protection of the radar stations of radio engineering troops. The use of Simulink-applications during practical training will contribute to the development of creative abilities of cadets (students) through the individualization of training and the opportunity to independently perform and try their technical solutions, and this makes the learning process into an exciting lesson. The practical significance of Simulink-applications that are proposed for use in the educational process, is that for the teacher, Simulink-application is the best didactic tool for the visualization of educational information. Due to the visualization of complex technical processes, the simultaneous perception of linguistic and visual information, a vivid illustration of the provisions discussed in the lesson, it is possible to significantly improve the effectiveness of classes.
Keywords: visual simulation Simulink applications, modeling, noise protection algorithms
1. Order of the President of Ukraine (2013), “Pro Natsionalnu stratehiiu rozvytku osvity v Ukraini na period do 2021 roku No. 344/2013 vid 25.06.2013” [On the National Strategy for Development of Education in Ukraine for the period till 2021 No. 344/2013 dated 25.06.2013], available at: www.zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/344/2013 (accessed 22 August 2018).
2. Shamko, Ye.V., Zharyk, O.M. and Koval, V.V. (2018), “Rozvitok form i sposobiv zastosuvannya Povitryanih Sil Zbroynih Sil Ukrayini v suchasnih umovah vedennya zbroynoyi borotbi” [Basic features of use of the Air Force under present-day conditions during armed struggle], Science and Technology of the Air Force of Ukraine, No. 2(31), pp. 9-15. https://doi.org/10.30748/nitps.2018.31.01.
3. Shamko, Ye.V., Zharyk, O.M. and Koval, V.V. (2017), “Osnovni osoblyvosti zastosuvannia Povitrianykh Syl v suchasnykh umovakh vedennia zbroinoi borotby” [Basic features of use of the Air Force under present-day conditions during armed struggle], Science and Technology of the Air Force of Ukraine, No. 2(27), pp. 15-18. https://doi.org/10.30748/nitps.2017.27.02.
4. Alimpiiev, A.M. and Pievtsov, H.V. (2017), “Osoblyvosti hibrydnoi viiny RF proty Ukrainy. Dosvid, shcho otrymanyi Povitrianymy Sylamy Zbroinykh Syl Ukrainy” [The features of the hybrid war of the Russian Federation against Ukraine. Experience received by the Armed Forces of the Armed Forces of Ukraine], Science and Technology of the Air Force of Ukraine, No. 2(27), pp. 19-25. https://doi.org/10.30748/nitps.2017.27.03.
5. Kovalevskyi, S.M., Pievtsov, H.V. and Khudov, H.V. (2015), “Propozytsii shchodo stvorennia skrytoho malovysotnoho radiolokatsiinoho polia v umovakh vedennia suchasnykh merezhetsentrychnykh ta hibrydnykh viin” [Propositions on development of the latent low-level radar-tracking field in the conditions of conducting modern network-centric and hybrid wars], Science and Technology of the Air Force of Ukraine, No. 1(18), pp. 77-81.
6. Kumar, T. (2012), MATLAB and Simulink for Engineers, Oxford University Press, 492 p.
7. Zamboni, L. (2013), Getting Started with Simulink, Packt Publishing Limited, 132 p.
8. Peter, I. Kattan. (2013), MATLAB for Beginners: A Gentle Approach, Revised Edition, BookBaby, 288 p.
9. Navas, K. and Jayadevan, R. (2014), Lab Primer Through MATLAB: Digital Signal Processing, Digital Image Processing, Digital Signal Processor and Digital Communication, PHI Learning, 356 p.
10. Sulaymon, L. (2016), MATLAB & Simulink Essentials: MATLAB & Simulink for Engineering Problem Solving and Numerical Analysis, Lulu Publishing, 670 p.
11. Nevmerzhitsky, I.M., Hryzo, A.A., Malyshev, O.A. and Kuprii, V.M. (2009), “Modeliuvannia elementiv system ozbroiennia radiotekhnichnykh viisk zasobamy vizualno-imitatsiinoho modeliuvannia SIMULINK” [Modelling of elements of systems of arms of radio engineering armies by means of visual-imitating modelling Simulink], Scientific Works of Kharkiv National Air Force University, Vol. 1(19), pp. 66-69.
12. Nevmerzhitsky, I.M., Hryzo, A.A., Kalinichenko, I.I. and Klimenko, R.Yu. (2010), “Vizualno-imitatsiine modeliuvan¬nia tsyfrovoi systemy SRTs, shcho realizuie dyskretne peretvorennia Khartli” [Visual-imitating modelling digital system SMP, realizing discrete transformation Hartly], Science and Technology of the Air Force of Ukraine, No. 2(4), pp. 137-140.
13. Nevmerzhitsky, I.M., Hryzo, A.A., Matviychuk, M.A., Semenov, V.S. and Guyda, E.I. (2017), “Proektuvannia vizualno-imitatsiinykh dodatkiv dlia modeliuvannia alhorytmiv selektsii rukhomykh tsilei isnuiuchykh ta modernizovanykh RLS RTV za dopomohoiu paketu Simulink” [Designing visual-imitating applications for modeling algorithms of selection of moving targets for existing and modernized RTV radars with Simulink package], Science and Technology of the Air Force of Ukraine, No. 2(27), pp. 105-109. https://doi.org/10.30748/nitps.2017.27.20.