Description: The method of calculating the possibility of counterattacking an enemy by a mobile group of our troops was developed to provide protection for the object when planning defensive actions on a wide front. This technique takes into account, on the one hand, the probable actions and capabilities of the enemy in defeating the objects of their (friendly) troops, on the other hand, the ability of the mobile group to defeat the enemy. The basis of the methodology is the calculation of the distance between the object of protection and the enemy, as well as the calculation of the distance between the enemy and the mobile group. Determination of the possibility of counterattack is carried out by comparing the indicated distances with the activity of the weapon of the enemy and the mobile group, respectively. The definition of possible directions and speeds of the mobile group is carried out on the basic systems of inequalities, which also takes into account the enemy's and the mobile group's fire capabilities and the dynamics of their rapprochement with the object of their (friendly) forces that needs protection. The presented method allows reasonably, under given conditions, to determine the possibilities of counterattacking the enemy by a mobile group of our troops, to objectively determine the place of concentration of the mobile group in order to timely protect the object of their (friendly) troops, and also allows to determine the likely place of stopping or deterring the enemy, during his actions. The developed method can be realized in the form of software and further implementation in the system of support and decision making, with the purpose of using the commanders and headquarters of the units entering the organization of the battle, namely during the analysis and evaluation of the situation.
Keywords: maneuver defense, calculation, counterattack, opponent, mobile group, object of defense, command-observation point
1. Ministry of Defence of Ukraine (2016), “Boiovyi statut mekhanizovanykh i tankovykh viisk Sukhoputnykh viisk Zbroinykh Syl Ukrainy, chastyna 2, (batalion (rota)” [Military Status of the Mechanized and Tank Army of the Land Forces of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, part 2, (battalion (company)], Kyiv, 351 p.
2. NATO Standardization Office (2016), Allied Tactical Publication 3.2.2. Command and control of allied land forces, Brussels, Belgium, 263 p.
3. Headquarters Department of the Army (2016), Field Manual 6-0. Commander and Staff Organization and Operations, Washington, 394 p.
4. The official site of Ministry of Defence of Ukraine (2015), “Analiz bojovyh dij na shodi Ukrayiny v hodi zymovoyi kampaniyi 2014–2015 rokiv” [Analysis of combat operations in eastern Ukraine during the 2014-2015 winter campaign], available at: www.mil.gov.ua/news/2015/12/23/analiz-bojovih-dij-na-shodi-ukraini-v-hodi-zimovoi-kampanii-2014-2015-rokiv--16785/.
5. Garbar, O., Konopkin, A., Korenkov, O., Movchan, S., Pavlichenko, O. And Martynenko, O. (2018), “Zbrojnyj konflikt v Ukrayini: vijskova pidtrymka nezakonnyx zbrojnyx formuvan “DNR” ta “LNR” z boku Rosijskoyi Federaciyi” [Armed conflict in Ukraine: military support of the illegal armed forces “DPR” and “LPR” by the Russian Federation], Ukrainian Helsinki Human Rights Union, Kyiv, 40 p.
6. Telyukov, S.M., Zlyvka, H.A. and Salnyk, O.V. (2018), “Matematychnyi aparat vyznachennia mozhlyvosti provedennia kontrataky protyvnyka svoimy viiskamy” [Mathematical apparatus on the determination of opportunity of contract of the enemy by their troops], Scientific Works of Kharkiv National Air Force University, No. 1(55), pp. 17-22. Https://doi.org/10.30748/zhups.2018.55.02.
7. Gorodnov, V.P. and Yarosh, S.P. (2017), “Doslidzhennia vlastyvosti multykolinearnosti statystychnykh modelei pry rozrakhunku pokaznykiv boiovykh mozhlyvostei mizhvydovykh taktychnykh hrup za umov obmezhen potochnoho finansuvannia yikh materialno-tekhnichnoho zabezpechennia” [Investigation property multicolinarity statistical models in the calculation indicators of the bangal opportunities interviews tactical group under the terms limitations current financing of their material-technical supply], Scientific Works of Kharkiv National Air Force University, No. 4 (53), pp. 28-32.
8. NATO Standardization Office (2017), Allied Procedural Publication 7. NATO Joint Military Symbology. Edition D Version 1, Brussels, Belgium, 922 p.
9. The Order of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine (2018), “Pro zatverdzhennya Poryadku oformlennya operatyvnyh (bojovyh) dokumentiv No. 170 vid 25.04.2018” [On approval of the procedure for registration of operational (combat) documents No. 170 dated 25.04.2018], available at: https://dovidnykmpz.info/zagalni/nakaz-heneral-noho-shtabu-zs-ukrainy-v/.
10. Dombrovskyy, V.A., Kryzhanivskyy, I.M., Matskiv, R.S., Myhovych, F.M., Nemish, V.M., Okrepkyy, B.S., Khoma, H.P. and Shelestovska, M.Y. (2003), “Vyshcha matematyka” [Higher mathematics], Karpyuka, Ternopil, 480 p., available at: www.dspace.tneu.edu.ua/bitstream/316497/612/1/vm_pidr.pdf.
11. Shmal, S.H., Mikhno, O.H., Savkov, P.A., Hudz, A.M., Bakhvalov, V.B. and Pysarenko, R.V. (2016), “Viyskova topohrafiya” [Military topography], Lira-K, Kyiv, 499 p.
12. Headquarters Department of the Army (2005), Field Manual 3-25.26 Map Reading and Land Navigation, Washington, 288 p.