Description: The article analyzes the methods for estimating the throughput of a telecommunications network. Based on the criteria, the optimal method for estimating the bandwidth is selected, which involves the use of the “timestamp” option by the hosts to more accurately measure the round-trip time value. Thus, time stamps are always set for the output segments and, since the host must always repeat the same RFC tag, we get a fairly accurate round-trip time measurement on the receiving side. The sender sends a packet with data that the receiver confirms with a packet with a response. This package contains the time stamp of the sender. For a more accurate estimate of the current value of round-trip time, you should choose the option of counting the minimum value of the round-trip time over a time interval equal to this value. The advantage of the selected option compared to the round-trip time averaging method is a larger sample size and, therefore, better accuracy of the representation of the RTT estimate for determining the recipient window. To assess the throughput, we determined the performance indicators of the network protocol - the delay time; switching time; the size; bandwidth of communication lines for transmission of information messages. The criterion for selecting the network protocol of the information and telecommunication network of the Air Force of the Armed Forces of Ukraine is defined, the main requirement of which is minimization of the generalized efficiency indicator - the total time of processing information messages at a fixed time interval with restrictions on the delivery time and the available network bandwidth imposed in accordance with the characteristics telecommunication network. The conclusions and results obtained in the article should be used when evaluating the effectiveness of data transmission (commands and orders) in the information and telecommunications network of the Air Force of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
Keywords: information and telecommunication networks, bandwidth, protocol, round-trip time, monitoring, packet, Transmission Control Protocol
1. Alimpiiev, A.M., Kushnir, O.I. and Vasiuta, K.S. (2016), ”Zastosuvannia dosvidu ATO dlia pidhotovky fakhivtsiv zviazku, RTZ, A ta IS” [Applying the experience of antiterrorist operation for the training of communications specialist], KhNUPS, Kharkiv, 328 p.
2. Toropchyn, A.Ya., Romanenko, I.O., Danyk, Yu.H. and Pashchenko, R.E. (2012), ”Dovidnyk z protypovitrianoi obron” [Air Defense Directory], KhNUPS, Kharkiv, 368 p.
3. Olifer, V.G. and Olifer, N.A. (2012), ”Kompyuternyye seti. Printsipy. tekhnologii. protokoly. 4-e izd” [Computer networks. Principles, technologies, protocols], SPb, St. Petersburg, 943 p.
4. Antonov, V.M. and Permiakov, O.O. (2011), ”Kompiuterni merezhi viiskovoho pryznachennia” [Military Computer Networks], MK-Pres, Kyiv, 320 p.
5. Gagarina, L.G. (2009), ”Osnovy kompyuternykh setey” [Basics of computer networks], INFRA-M, Moscow, 272 p.
6. Tarasov, V.A., Gerasimov, B.M., Levin, I.A. and Korniychuk, V.A. (2008), ”Intellektualnyye sistemy podderzhki prinyatiya resheniy” [Intelligent Decision Support Systems], MAKNS, Kyiv, 336 p.
7. Kuchuk, G.A., Gakhov, R.P. and Pashnev, A.A. (2006), ”Upravleniye resursami infotelekommunikatsiy” [Information Telecommunications Resource Management], Fizmatlit, Moscow, 220 p.
8. Zaika, A. (2010), ”Kompyuternyye seti” [Computer networks], Olma-Press, Moscow, 448 p.
9. Odom, U. (2015), ”Ofitsialnoye rukovodstvo Cisco po podgotovke k sertifikatsionnym ekzamenam CCNA ICND22 200-101: marshrutizatsiya i kommutatsiya / Uendell Odom” [Official Cisco CCNA ICND22 200-101 Certification Exam Preparation Guide: Routing and Switching], Wiliams, Moscow, 734 p.
10. Kucheryaviy, E.A. (2012), ”Upravleniye trafikom i kachestvo obsluzhivaniya v seti internet” [Traffic management and quality of service on the Internet], Nauka i Tekhnika, SPb, 336 p.
11. Kuchuk, H.A. (2008), ”Metod vyznachennia momentiv zminy kharakterystyk trafikovoho protsesu” [Method of determining the moments of changing the characteristics of the traffic process], Systems of Arms and Military Equipment, No 4(16), pp. 151-155.
12. Kurouz, D. and Ross, K. (2016), ”Kompyuternyye seti: Niskhodyashchiy podkhod” [Computer Networks: Downward Approach], Eksmo, Moscow, 912 p.