Description: The beginning of the second decade of the 21st century was marked by major changes in the public life of many countries and nations, the entire geopolitical picture and the security environment of the modern world. The geopolitical picture of the modern world is becoming more complex and contradictory, because under the influence of transformation and globalization, old ones are modified and new challenges and threats are generated, both international and national security of individual states. The practice of contemporary conflicts shows that decisions related to globalization processes lie primarily in the political, military, social and economic spheres. Globalization is forcing nations to reform national security systems, taking into account the transformation processes in the security environment. Events in North Africa, Middle East and Near East, as well as in Ukraine, require a new vision and non-dogmatic approaches in analysing and assessing many of the problems that arise today within states, in relations between them, and also at the regional and global levels. First of all, it concerns the problems of war and peace, problems of national, regional and general security, as well as ways, means and methods of ensuring them. In modern conditions it becomes obvious that not only wars and armed conflicts pose dangers to various countries and nations. There is a transformation of the essence and content of such concepts as international and national security. That is why in different countries, as well as in Ukraine, the intensive search and research are carried out, designed to more deeply and fully reveal the theoretical problems of national security, develop effective ways for their practical ensuring. The ensuring system of national security must be adapted to such changes. This primarily concerns the development of relevant concepts and doctrines, on the basis of which an understanding of the challenges and threats to society, as well as methods of responding to them, is built.
Keywords: military threat, threat counteractions, military security, integrated counteraction potential, adaptive control method of integrated counteraction, model, security and defence sector, neutralizing missions
1. Gracheva, T.V. (2009), “Nevidimaya Hazaria. Algoritmy geopolitiki i strategii taynykh voyn mirovoy zakulisy” [Invisible Khazaria. Algorithms of geopolitics and strategies of secret wars world behind the scenes: the book], OOO Zerna Publishing House, Ryazan, 400 p.
2. Arzumanyan, R.V. (2015), “Strategiya irregulyarnoy voyny: teoriya i praktika primeneniya. Teoreticheskiye i strate-gicheskiye problemy kontseptualizatsii, religioznyye i voyenno-politicheskiye otnosheniya v operatsionnoy srede irregulyarnykh voyennykh deystviy” [The strategy of irregular war: the theory and practice of application. Theoretical and strategic problems of conceptualization, religious and military-political relations in the operating environment of irregular military actions], Moscow,
3. Kornilov, V.V. (2009), “Plan vneshnego upravleniya Ukrainoy” [The plan of external control of Ukraine], available at: www.oko-planet.su/politik/politikukr/9333-vladimir-kornilov-plan-vneshnego-upravleniya.html (accessed 8 Jan. 2019).
4. Arzumanyan, R.V. (2012), “Kromka Khaosa. Slozhnoye myshleniye i set': paradigma nelineynosti i sreda bezopasnosti XXI veka” [Edge of Chaos. Complicated thinking and the network: the paradigm of nonlinearity and the security environment of the XXI century], Regnum Publishing House, Moscow, 600 p.
5. Dergachev, V.A. (2003), “Tsivilizatsionnaya geopolitika (Bol'shiye mnogomernyye prostranstva)” [Civilizational geopolitics (Large multidimensional spaces): scientific monograph], IPREEI NASU, Odessa, 262 p.
6. Dergachev, V.A. (2010), “Novaya geopoliticheskaya arkhitektura Yevrazii: ot Atlantiki do Tikhogo okeana” [New geopolitical architecture of Eurasia: from the Atlantic to the Pacific Ocean], Analyst bulletin, No. 4, Institute for Strategic Evaluations and Analysis.
7. Bohdanovych, V.Y., Svyda, I.Y. and Skulysh, Y.D. (2012), “Teoretykometodolohichni osnovy zabezpechennia natsion-alnoi bezpeky Ukrainy: monographiia Т. 1.” [Theoretical and methodological foundations of national security of Ukraine: monograph], Naukove vydannay viddil NA SB Ukrainy, Kyiv, 548 p.
8. Bartosh, A. (2014), “Gibridnyye voyny v strategii SSHA i NATO” [Hybrid wars in the strategy of the USA and NATO], Nezavisimaya Gazeta, available at: http://nvo.ng.ru/concepts/2014-10-10/1_nato.html (accessed 8 Jan. 2019).
9. Bogdanovich, V.Y. (2015), “Modelyuvannya stratehiyi, oriyentovanoyi na zminu rezhymu u vybraniy krayini-misheni cherez yiyi zanurennya v khaos, na osnovi metodu funktsionalʹno-znachymykh promizhnykh staniv” [Modeling a strategy aimed at changing the regime in the selected target country through its immersion in chaos, based on the method of functionally significant intermediate states], Modern protection of information, No. 2, pp. 44-53.
10. Gerasimov, V. (2019), “Vektory razvitiya voyennoy strategii” [Vectors of the development of military strategy], Red Star, available at: www.redstar.ru/vektory-razvitiya-voennoj-strategii/ (accessed 8 Jan. 2019).
11. Falichev, O. (2019), “Kak obuzdat' “Troyanskogo konya”” [How to curb the “Trojan Horse”], Weekly “Military Industrial Courier”, No. 14 (777), available at: http://vpk-news.ru/articles/48771 (accessed 8 Jan. 2019).