Description: The article discusses the ways of forming of rational organizational structure of the aviation unit of the Air Force of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, taking into account the main trends in the conduct of armed struggle in airspace. From the analysis of modern local wars and armed conflicts, it was concluded that the list of tasks, which were assigned to aviation, remained unchanged, and their priority was determined by the specific operational-tactical situation. Methods for solving problems were and remain the most changeable element, which depends on the structure of the air force, the continuous improvement of aviation technology and means of destruction, as well as on the development of enemy air defense systems. It is shown that the air forces of different states in terms of the organizational structure of the framework are based on principles common to all armies, based on a look at the methods of warfare in a war, both with and without the use of nuclear weapons, and due to the economic opportunities of the state. Attention is drawn to the fact that there is a noticeable striving to improve the organizational structures of formations and units of the Air Force in the armies of many states, so they are more universal in terms of application in different theaters of military operations and performing various tasks. It was concluded that the organizational structure of the armed forces of developed countries reached a significant level of perfection and no radical changes are foreseen in it in the near future, and further development of the organization of troops will be associated with changes within military formations due to the emergence of new types of weapons and ammunition, reduction (increase) the number of weapons, mobility of units and improved management. It has been proved that a rational organizational structure of an aviation military unit should be developed on the basis of scientifically based requirements for the optimal combination of personal strength and main types of weapons and equipment for more effective use for their intended purpose and in daily activities. Based on the analysis of the organizational structures of the Air Force units of the leading countries of the world, initial data were formulated for the development of a rational structure of the aviation unit of the Air Force of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
Keywords: air unit, air force, organizational structure, Air Force, rational structures
1. Petrushenko, M.M., Hamora, V.V. and Koval, V.V. (2011), “Do pytannia podalshoho rozvytku form i sposobiv zastosuvannia Povitrianykh Syl Zbroinykh Syl Ukrainy” [To the question of further development of forms and methods of appli-cation aircrafts of Military Forces of Ukraine], Science and Technology of the Air Force of Ukraine, No. 2(6), pp. 4-6.
2. Lazebnyk, S.V., Tiurin, V.V., Tikhonov, I.M. and Hridina, V.V. (2013), “Evoliutsiini zminy u pidkhodakh shchodo provedennia povitrianoi nastupalnoi operatsii na prykladi lokalnykh konfliktiv u Livii (1986 rik, 2011 rik)” [Evolutionary changes in approaches to air strike on the example of local conflicts in Libya (1986, 2011)], Systems of Arms and Military Equipment, No. 4(36), pp. 142-145.
3. Pukhov, R. (2016), Polyhon budushcheho [Polygon of the Future], available at: https://bmpd.livejournal.com/1742632.html.
4. Yarosh, S.P. (2011), “Analiz vedennia boiovykh dii, taktyky zastosuvannia ZPN i vykorystannia novykh informatsiinykh tekhnolohii u khodi voiennoho konfliktu v Livii v 2011 rotsi” [Analysis of the conduct of combat operations, the tactics of the use of ZNN and the use of new information technologies in the course of the military conflict in Libya in 2011], Science and Technology of the Air Force of Ukraine, No. 2(6), pp. 19-25.
5. Artemenko, A.M., Astakhov, O.O., Koval, V.V. and Zharyk, O.M. (2015), “Pohliady shchodo podalshoho rozvytku form i sposobiv zastosuvannia Povitrianykh Syl ZS Ukrainy v suchasnykh operatsiiakh (boyovykh diiakh)” [Views on the further development of the forms and methods of using the Air Forces of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in modern operations (combat actions)], Science and Technology of the Air Forces of Ukraine, No. 2 (19), pp. 6-9.
6. Daft, R., Merfy, Dzh. and Uylmott, Kh. (2013), “Orhanyzatsyonnaia teoryia y dyzain” [Organizational Theory and De-sign], Peter, St. Petersburg, 640 p.
7. Rozhko, M.A. and Kybalnykov, O.P. (2013), “Novyi nauchnyi vzghliad na orhanyzatsyonnuiu strukturu avyapredpryiatyi” [New scientific view on the organizational structure of air companies], LAP LambertAcademicPublishing, Moscow, 72 p.
8. Prykhodko, D.Y. (2012), “Orhanyzatsyonnye struktury uspeshnykh korporatsyi” [Organizational structures of success-ful corporations], YnfotropykMedya, Moscow, 266 p.
9. Ventresca, R. (1991), Organizational structure for Air National Guard tactical aircraft maintenance, National Guard Bureau-Organization, USA, 119 p.
10. Durand, Jeffrey M. (2008), Aircraft Maintenance Organizational Structure Changes: An Antecedent Model, Department of the Air Force Air University, USA, 87 p.
11. Maliuha, V.H. (2016), “Metodychnyi pidkhid do proektuvannia struktury orhaniv upravlinnia Povitrianykh Syl” [Methodi-cal Approach to Designing the Structure of Air Forces Controls], Systems of Arms and Military Equipment, No. 4 (48), pp. 123-126.
12. Smirnov, Ye.B., Tkachenko, V.I., Ruban, I.V., Maliuha, V.H. and Trystan, A.V. (2018), “Teoretychni osnovy formuvannia ta dehradatsii skladnykh orhanizatsiino-tekhnichnykh system: monohrafiia” [Theoretical Foundations of Formation and Degradation of Complex Organizational-Technical Systems: Monograph], KhNURE, Kharkiv, 159 p.
13. Akhromeev, S.F. (1986), “Orhanyzatsyia voisk” [Organization of troops], Voenyzdat, Moscow, pp. 517-518.
14. Hrachov, P.V. (2002), “Orhanyzatsyia voisk ”[Organization of troops], Voenyzdat, Moscow, pp. 105-109.
15. Order of the Security Service of Ukraine (2005), “Zvid vidomostei, shcho stanovliat derzhavnu taiemnytsiu, zatverdzhenyi Nakazom Sluzhby bezpeky Ukrainy vid 12.08.2005 № 440 (2017)” [Set of information constituting a state secret, approved by the Order of the Security Service of Ukraine].
16. “Shcho take orhanizatsiyna struktura VPS?” [What Is the Organizational Structure of the Air Force?], available at: https://www.thebalancecareers.com/what-is-the-organizational-structure-of-the-air-force-3331713.
17. “Sostoyanye y napravlennostʹ rozvytku taktychnoyi aviatsiyi VVS Velykobrytaniyi” [The state and direction of tactical aviation development of the British Air Force], available at: www.factmil.com/publ/strana/velikobri-tanija/sostojanie_i_napravlennost_razvitija_takticheskoj_aviacii_vvs_velikobritanii_2016/9-1-0-933.
18. “Povitryani syly Nimechchyny. Nimetsʹka aviatsiya” [Air Force of Germany. German Aviation], available at: http://avia.pro/blog/voenno-vozdushnye-sily-germanii-aviaciya-germanii.
19. “Reforma VPS i PPO Rosiyi. Pidsumky” [Reform of the Air Force and Air Defense of Russia. Results], available at: https://mil.in.ua/реформа впс-і-ппо-росії-підсумки/.
20. The Order of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine (2009), “Pro provedennia eksperymentu z pereformuvannia 114 bryhady taktychnoi aviatsii, stvo-rennia aviatsiinoi bazy ta yikh funktsionuvannia u skladi Povitrianykh Syl Zbroinykh Syl Ukrainy u 2009–2010 rokakh No. 165 vid 8 kvitnia 2009” [On conducting an experiment on reorganization of 114 brigades of tactical aviation, establishment of the aviation base and their functioning within the Air Forces of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in 2009-2010 No. 165 dated 8.04.2009].