Description: With the start of active combat operations, the Air Force will solve one of the main combat missions - conquering and maintaining air superiority, part of which is the suppression and destruction of ground-based enemy air defense systems, in order to ensure the freedom of action of aviation when performing combat missions. The experience of the conflicts of recent decades has shown that the destruction of the enemy’s airborne radar and air defense weapons is now a prerequisite for gaining and maintaining air superiority over the enemy. That is, under conditions that are particularly relevant and acute for anti-aircraft units that are armed with radar tools, there is the problem of providing an effective and sustainable anti-aircraft missile-artillery system for covering troops and objects under fire conditions from the enemy. One of the measures aimed at solving this problem is the inclusion in the composition of the air defense groups of effective means of fire destruction of the attack components of the enemy’s high-precision weapons, in particular anti-radar missiles, in the near zone. Based on the analysis of the combat capabilities of air attack weapons (EAS), the forms and methods of their combat use in local wars and conflicts, the problem of ensuring an effective and consistent anti-aircraft missile-artillery system for protecting troops and objects under fire influence from the enemy has been identified. The method of calculating the dispersion characteristics of complex radar objects, for example, anti-radar missiles, is considered. The calculated diagrams of the inverse secondary radiation of the ARR AGM-88 HARM in the centimeter wavelength range are given. An assessment was made of the effective surface dispersion values of anti-aircraft antiradar missiles in order to refine existing samples and develop requirements for promising means of self-defense of anti-aircraft units. An interval estimate of the averaged effective scattering surface of the PI is made at various radiation angles.
Keywords: effective scattering surface, reverse secondary radiation diagrams of ARR
1. Alimpiev, A.М. and Pevtsov, G.V. (2017), “Osoblivosti gibridnoi viyni RF proty Ukrainy. Dosvid, otrymanyi Povitryanymy
Sylamy Zbroynyh Syl Ukrainy”. [The features of the hybrid war of the Russian federation against Ukraine. Experience received by the
armed forced of the forced of Ukraine], Science and Technology of the Air Force of Ukraine, No. 2(27), pp. 19-25.
2. Riapolov, I.Ye., Belevshchuk, Ya.O., Kolotilov, V.Yu., Kachan, M.V. and Medinets, I.R. (2018), “Kharakterystyky rozsiiannia
modeli vynyshchuvacha-bombarduvalnyka Su-17M3 v santymetrovomu ta detsymetrovomu diapazoni dovzhyn khvyl” [Radar scattering
characteristics of model of destroyer-bomber Su-17M3 in SHF and UHF band], Systems of Arms and Military Equipment, No. 1(53),
pp. 42-48. https://doi.org/10.30748/soivt.2018.53.06.
3. Riapolov, I.Ye., Belevshchuk, Ya.O., Liashchenko, R.V. and Poliakov, A.V. (2017), “Kharakterystyky rozsiiannia palubnoho
vynyshchuvacha-bombarduvalnyka F/A-18A Hornet v santymetrovomu, detsymetrovomu ta metrovomu diapazonakh dovzhyn khvyl”
[Radar scattering char-acteristics of F/A-18A hornet seaborne fighter-bomber in SHF, UHF and VHF band], Science and Technology of
the Air Force of Ukraine, No. 1(26), pp. 85-91. https://doi.org/10.30748/nitps.2017.26.18.
4. Yarosh, S.P., Zakutin, K.V., Voronin, V.V. and Shulezhko, V.V. (2015), “Porivnyalne ochinyvannya zenitnych raketnych compleksiv
metodom perevirky vidpovidnosty ikh taktyko-tekhnichnyh characterystyk operatyvno-technichnym vymogam” [Comparative
estimation of anti-aircraft rocket complexes method of check of their conformity tactical and technical characteristics to operational and
tactical requirements], Science and Technology of the Air Force of Ukraine, No. 3(20), pp. 85-91.
5. Tkacenko, V.I., Yarosh, S.P. and Smirnov, E.B. (2016), “Boyove zastosyvannya visokotochnih zasobiv yrazennya i osoblyvosti
borotby z nymy” [Combat use of high-precision weapons and features to combat them], KNAFU, Kharkiv, 272 p.
6. Sukharevsky, O.I., Vasilets, V.A. and Kykobko, S.V. (2009), “Rasseyanie elektromagnitnych voln vozdychnymy i nazemnymy
radioelektronnymy obektamy” [Electromagnetic wave scattering by airborne and ground-based radar objects], KNAFU, Kharkiv, 468
7. Nechitaylo, S.V., Orlenko, V.M., Sukharevsky, O.I. and Vasilets, V.A. (2014), Electromagnetic Wave Scattering by Aerial and
Ground Radar Objects, SRC Press Taylor & Francis Group, Boca Raton, USA, 334 p.
8. Zacharyev, L.N. and Lemansky, A.A. (1972), “Rasseyanie voln “chernymy” telamy” [Wave scattering by black bodies], Soviet
radio, Мoscow, 288 р.
9. Shyrman, Y.D. (2007), “Radyoelektronnye systemy: Osnovy postroenyja y teoryja. Spravochnyk” [Radio-electronic systems:
Fundamentals of construction and theory], Radio engineering, Moscow, 512 p.
10. Skolnik, M.I. (2008), Radar Handbook, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1348 p.
11. Sukharevsky, O.I., Vasilets, V.A., and Nechitailo, S.V. (2019), “Dovіdnik harakteristik rozsіyuvannya povіtryanih ta nazemnih
radіolokacіjnih ob’ektіv” [Handbook of dispersion characteristics of air and ground radio electronic objects], KNAFU, Kharkiv, 304 p.
12. Sukharevsky, O.I., Vasilets, V.A. and Riapolov, I.Ye. (2016), “Ochinyvannya parametriv zon vyavlennya bezpilotnocho litalnocho
aparaty “Orlan-10” radiolokachiynymy zasobamy samochidnoho zenitnoho rachetnocho chomplechsy 9K33M3 “OSA-AKM”
[The estimation of parameters of the detection zones of the UAV “Orlan-10” radar equipments self-propelled anti-aircraft missile system
9K33M3 “OSA-AKM”], Science and Technology of the Air Force of Ukraine, No. 4(25), pp. 33-38.