Description: Martial law in Ukraine is a special legal regime that provides for the granting of special powers to state authorities necessary to remove the threat. Martial law is characterized by the use of a special regime in the form of restriction of constitutional freedom. This restriction of free movement for citizens (foreigners and stateless persons), the imposition of a curfew in the form of a ban on staying in a certain period of day on the streets and other public places without specially issued permits and certificates, establishing a special mode of entry and exit, as well as traffic funds and other activities. It establishes increased responsibility for disobeying orders and orders of military bodies and so on. When applying a special mode, a military administration may be introduced. And the military itself is vested with special powers with the use of preventive measures. They include verification of documents, the inspection of things, vehicles, baggage and cargo, office space and housing of citizens, and the seizure of unlawful carrying (storing) of firearms and cold arms or prohibited things, as well as coercive measures (the use of physical force, special means and firearms weapons). The paper substantiates the need to determine the indicator of the efficiency of use of motor vehicles by units of the National Guard of Ukraine (NGU) during patrols in martial law. To successfully accomplish combat missions, it is necessary to maximize the capabilities of automotive vehicles and evaluate the effectiveness of their work. Existing special performance indicators of automotive technology: technical readiness ratio; fleet utilization rate; the utilization of working time; mileage utilization rate; capacity utilization rate; movement speed; average daily mileage and performance of vehicles, do not provide an opportunity to assess the level of effectiveness of the use of military vehicles when patrolling in wartime conditions. Therefore, it became necessary to obtain a generalized coefficient of the effectiveness of the use of motor vehicles when conducting patrols in wartime conditions. The paper substantiates and proposes a unified methodology for assessing the expected effectiveness of the use of automotive equipment when patrolling by NGU units in wartime conditions, which allows determining the impact of individual indicators on it, and outline ways to ensure its high level.
Keywords: martial law, a special mode, patrols on vehicles, the effectiveness of the use of automotive technology, the ratio of operational readiness, the assessment of the effectiveness of the use of automotive technology, a generalized coefficient of efficiency
1. Law of Ukraine “Pro pravovyi rezhym voiennoho stanu” [About the legal regime of martial law], available at:
2. Law of Ukraine “Pro Natsionalnu Gvardiiu Ukrainy” [About the National Guard of Ukraine], available at:
3. Directory (1986), “Nadezhnost i effektivnost v tehnike” [Reliability and efficiency in technology], Mashinostroenie, Moscow,
4. Ganin, M.P. and Kuznetsova, N.G. (1997), “Teoriya veroyatnostey i issledovanie operatsiy v zadachah ekspluatatsii i
boevogo primeneniya vooruzheniya i voennoy tehniki” [The theory of probability and the study of operations in the tasks of the
operation and combat use of weapons and military equipment], VMA, SPb., 467 р.
5. Venttsel, E.S. and Ovcharov, L.A. (1973), “Teoriya veroyatnostey” [Probability theory], Nauka, Moscow, 368 р.
6. Demidov, B.A. and Hmelevskaya, O.A. (2006), “Metodicheskie osnovyi otsenivaniya i prognozirovaniya urovnya
kachestva, sravnitelnogo analiza effektivnosti primeneniya obraztsov vooruzheniya i voennoy tehniki pri upravlenii ih zhiznennyimi
tsiklami” [Methodological foundations for assessing and predicting the level of quality, a comparative analysis of the effectiveness
of the use of samples of weapons and military equipment in managing their life cycles], Radio and Computer Systems,
No. 7(19), pp. 72-76.
7. Marenko, H.M., Kuzhelovych, V.I., Melnykov, S.M., Vyskrebentsev, S.Ye. and Topchii, R.I. (2012), “Avtotekhnichne
zabezpechennia chastyn ta pidrozdiliv vnutrishnikh viyisk” [Automotive parts and divisions of internal troops of the Ministry of
Internal Affairs of Ukraine], Akademiya VV MVS Ukrainy, Kharkiv, 235 p.
8. Demianchuk, B.O. and Malyshkin, O.V. (2014), “Osnovy tekhnichnoho zabezpechennia. Obhruntuvannia rishen” [Fundamentals
of technical support. Justification of the decisions], MO Ukrainy, Odesa, 208 p.
9. Kharchenko, V.S., Batukov, A.P. and Lysenko, I.V. (1997), “Teoriia nadiinosti ta zhyvuchosti elementiv i system litalnykh
kompleksiv” [The theory of reliability and survivability of elements and systems of aircraft complexes], KhVU, Kharkiv, 403 p.
10. Chabanenko, P.P. (2016), “Zakonomirnosti ta osoblyvosti otsiniuvannia efektyvnosti system u boiovykh diiakh za
ymovirnisnymy modeliamy” [Laws and peculiarities of the evaluation of the effectiveness of systems in combat operations on
probabilistic models], Nauka i oborona, No. 4, pp. 16-22.
11. Kovtun, A.V. and Tabunenko, V.O. (2018), “Obgruntuvannia pokaznyka efektyvnosti vykorystannia avtomobilnoho
transportu pry perevezenniakh” [Justification of the indicator of efficiency of use of motor transport in transportation], Assembly
of Scientific Works of the NANGU, No. 1(31), pp. 80-84.
12. Kovtun, A.V., Tabunenko, V.A. and Martsenyak, A.P. (2017), “Opredelenie pokazatelya effektivnosti voennyih perevozok
avtomobilnyimi kolonnami” [Determination of the indicator of the efficiency of military transport by automobile columns],
National Security and Military Sciences, No. 3, pp. 39-47.
13. Shasha, I.K. and Kudimov, S.A. (2017), “Shliakhy pidvyshchennia efektyvnosti vykorystannia avtobronetankovoi
tekhniky pidrozdilamy Natsionalnoi hvardii Ukrainy” [Ways to increase the efficiency of using auto-armored vehicles by units of
the National Guard of Ukraine], Assembly of Scientific Works of the NANGU, No. 1(29), pp. 77-80.
14. Tabunenko, V.O., Yvanchenko, O.V., Buriak, P.D. and Kuzhelovych, V.I. (2018), “Metod vyznachennia efektyvnosti
vykorystannia avtobronetankovoi tekhniky pidrozdilamy NHU pry okhoroni hromadskoho poriadku v myrnyi chas” [Methodology
for determining the effectiveness of the use of auto-armored vehicles by NSU units in the protection of public order in peacetime],
Honor and Law, No. 4(67), pp. 83-88.