Description: The article substantiates the relevance of solving strategic management problems. The problem of the strategic goals choice and the formation of strategies to achieve them are highlighted. It is necessary to conduct procedures of goals verification to solve it, i.e. define goals adequacy and strategies to achieve them, including analysis of the resources and the market company's opportunities, determination of the strategies effectiveness, their feasibility and the desirability of achieving goals. It is proposed to use the trajectory approach for such a procedure. A set of possible strategies is formed to achieve each strategic goal. It is necessary to choose an effective strategy and assess the reachability of the goal. The method is considered according to which the trajectories of the company’s development are constructed for applying strategies, and then a strategy is chosen to achieve the strategic company’s goal based on the analysis of these trajectories. The method is based on the idea of sequential analysis for the options. The company can carry out its activities in different segments during the strategic period and as the result to receive different profit. Since the company considers different strategies for achieving the goal, the market segments for each strategy will be different. Therefore, the task is to select efficient market segments for the company according to development strategies. The trajectory is a set of market segments at intervals of the strategic period, where the company is going to plan its activities in order to achieve the strategic goal. Each market segment is characterized by parameters: sales volume, market price and production costs of the enterprise. The criteria for selecting market segments by planning intervals is to maximize the total profit of the company for the entire strategic period. The routes of transitions from one segment to another are formed for planning intervals. Further, such a route is determined so that the total profit from the company’s activities in the market segments of this route for the entire period has been maximum. A strategy is selected for each goal based on the development trajectories, an analysis of the strategic goals effectiveness and the ability of the company to achieve them is made. Using this method, an assessment of the company resource capabilities is carried out. The values of the indicators are determined as a result of the method implementation. These indicators are used in the formation of the company performance indicators. This method is included in the part of the software of the strategic planning module of the EPM system. In this module, strategic objectives and strategies to achieve them are formed.
Keywords: strategic management, development trajectory, the method of sequential analysis of options, performance indicators, performance management system
1. Paschenko, O.P. (2014), “Suchasni metody upravlinnya zminamy na pidpryyemstvi” [Modern methods of management of changes in the enterprise], Visnyk ZDTU. Series: Economic Sciences, No. 3(69), pp. 170-178. https://doi.org/10.26642/jen-2014-3(69)-170-178.
2. Trenev, V.N. and Krupenin, V.L. (2014), “Modelirovaniye uspekha razvitiya organizatsii na osnove trayektornogo podkhoda” [Modeling the success of an organization’s development based on a trajectory approach], XII All-Russian Meeting on Management Issues, Institute of Management Problems. V.A. Trapeznikova, Moscow, pp. 5459-5467.
3. Trenev, V.N. (2017), “Upravleniye izmeneniyami kak faktor uspeshnogo razvitiya organizatsii” [Change management as a factor in the successful development of an organization], Bulletin of Science and Technical Development, No. 10, pp. 34-38.
4. Trenev, V.N., Likhachev, A.S., Vavilov, V.N. and Sukhorukova, O.V. (2013), “Innovatsii v upravlenii promyshlennym predpriyatiyem. Sistema upravleniya razvitiyem” [Innovations in the management of an industrial enterprise. Development Management System], Ecology and Industry, No. 2, pp. 30-34.
5. Irikov, V.A. and Trenev, V.N. (1999), “Raspredelennyye sistemy prinyatiya resheniy. Teoriya i prilozheniya” [Distributed Decision Making Systems. Theory and applications], Science Fizmatlit, Moscow, 439 p.
6. Godlevsky, M.D. and Shekhovtsov, V.A. (1995), “Upravleniye razvitiyem iyerarkhicheskikh raspredelennykh sistem (na primere transporta)” [Managing the development of hierarchical distributed systems (for example, transport)], Problems of Control and Informatics, No. 5, pp. 99-115.
7. Godlevsky, M.D. (1990), “RPD–algoritm sistemnoy optimizatsii” [RPD – system optimization algorithm], Kibernetika, No. 2, pp. 19-25.
8. Moskalenko, V.V. and Lysanets, V.M. (2011), “Tekhnolohiya pobudovy trayektoriyi rozvytku komertsiynoho pidpryyemstva na pidstavi obranykh stratehiy” [Technology of construction of the trajectory of the development of a commercial enterprise on the basis of selected strategies], Information Processing Systems, No. 4(94), pp. 251-257.
9. Niven, P. (2014), Balanced Scorecard Evolution: A Dynamic Approach to Strategy Execution, Wiley, NY, 368 p.
10. Moskalenko, V.V., Zakharova, T.V. and Fonta, N.H. (2015), “Tekhnologiya formirovaniya programmy razvitiya kak sistemy godovykh planov predpriyatiya na osnove klyuchevykh pokazateley deyatel'nosti” [Technology of formation of the development program as a system of annual plans of the enterprise based on key performance indicators], European cooperation Scientific Approaches and Applied Technologies, No. 2(2), pp. 108-124.
11. Sergienko, I.V. (2012), Methods of optimization and systems analysis for problems of transcompu-tational complexity, Springer, New York, 226 p. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4614-4211-0.
12. Moskalenko, V.V. and Fonta, N.H. (2016), “Tekhnologiya formirovaniya pokazateley effektivnosti kak osnova ERM-sistemy predpriyatiya” [The technology of forming performance indicators as the basis of the enterprise's EPM], Informatsiyni tekhnolohiyi: problemy ta perspektyvy: monohrafiya, Vyd. Rozhko S.H., Kharkiv, pp. 476-490.
13. Moskalenko, V.V. and Berezenko, Y.S. (2017), The concept of an architectural solution for the service intended to build an enterprise strategy map, Bulletin of NTU “KhPI”, Series: System analysis, control and information technology, No. 55(1276), pp. 45-50. https://doi.org/10.20998/2079-0023.2017.55.08.