Description: In the paper the problem on searching the borders of the reasonable application for the compression method, using binomial numbers, is under review. The compression method would be used effectively for constant weight code, that is, when the amount of units is fixed. In case of the variable amount of units it is necessary to include the number of units by itself into the compressed form. As a result, the compression ratio is decreased, as well the hardware and program resources are spent to no effect. Therefore the searching of the reasonable application borders for the compression on basis of binary binomial numbers is a topical and useful task. The proposed method for the borders estimation allows us to separate out definitely and enough simply the areas of the efficient application of binary binomial numbers in order to compress arbitrary sequences, having the variable amount of units. The considered method for the borders estimation consist in seeking values of the units' amount and length of digits for the sequences to be compressed, when the resultant form is less than the initial sequence as to the quantity of digits. Taking into account the borders for the compression method, using binary binomial numbers, gives possibilities to improve its compression ratio and increase its compression and decompression speed. The formulated and proved theorems demonstrate the actuality and possibility to search the borders of the reasonable application for the compression method, as well they point to the minimal values of sequences length, at which the borders of the compression should be applied. The graphic and table of the found borders values, which demonstrate the areas for amounts of units to compress binary sequence, are given in the paper.
Keywords: binomial compression, binary binomial numbers, compression borders
1. Krichevskij, R.E. (1989), “Szhatie i poisk informacii” [Compression and searching of information], Radio i svjaz', Moscow, 168 p.
2. Vatolin, D., Ratushnjak, A., Smirnov, M. and Jukin, V. (2203), “Metody szhatija dannyh. Ustrojstvo arhivatorov, szhatie izobrazhenij i video” [Data compression methods. Archivers arranging, images and movies compression], DIALOG-MIFI, Moscow, 384 p.
3. Kulyk, I.A., Borysenko, O.A. and Onoriukpe, Adzhiri (2016), “Modeli szhatija i vosstanovlenija dannyh na osnove dvoichnyh binomial'nyh chisel” [Models for data compression and decompression on basis of binary binomial numbers], 5th International Scientific Practical Conference “Methods of information coding, defence and compression”, April 19-21, Vіnnitsya, pp. 101-105.
4. Kulyk, I.A., Onoriukpe, Ajiri and Ologunloluwa, Kehinde (2016), Compression of Binary Data Based on Binary Binomial Numbers, 5th International Scientific Technical Conference “Contemporary development trends of information communication technologies and management facility”, April 21-22, Poltava national technical university, Poltava, pp. 63.
5. Kulyk, I.A., Novgorodcev, A.I. and Skordina, E.M. (2016), “Binomial'naja model' vektornogo predstavlenija bazy dannyh s kolonochnoj strukturoj” [Binomial model for data base vector representation with columnar structure], Information Processing Systems, No. 4 (141), pp. 50-56.
6. Agal'cov, V.P. (2016), “Bazy dannyh. Raspredelennye i udalennye bazy dannyh, Kniga 2” [Data bases. Distributed and remote data bases, Vol. 2], Forum, Moscow, 271 p.
7. Borysenko, O.A. and Kulyk, I.A. (2010), “Binomial'noe kodirovanie: monografija” [Binomial coding], Sumy state university, Sumy, 206 p.
8. Kulyk, I.A. (2004), “O srednej dline dvoichnyh binomial'nyh chisel” [About the average length of binary binomial numbers], Bulletin of Sumy state university, Series “Tehnіchnі nauki”, No. 12 (71), Sumy state university, pp. 106-112.
9. Kulyk, I.A. (2007), “Srednjaja dlina dvoichnyh binomial'nyh chisel proizvol'nogo diapazona” [The average length of binary binomial numbers for an arbitrary range], Bulletin of Sumy state university, Series “Tehnіchnі nauki”, No. 2, Sumy state university, pp. 130-139.
10. Klepko, V.Ju. and Golec', V.L. (2017), “Vyshha matematyka v prykladah i zadachah” [Higher mathematics in examples and tasks], CUL, Kyiv, 592 p.
11. Knut, D. (2017), “Iskusstvo programmirovanija. Tom 1. Osnovnye algoritmy” [The Art of Computer Programming. Volume 1. Fundamental Algorithms], Publishing house “Vil'jams”, Moscow, 720 p.
12. Anderson, James A. (2016), “Diskretnaja matematika i kombinatorika” [Discrete mathematics and combinatorics], Publishing house “Vil'jams”, Moscow, 960 p.