Description: The approach to provide information security of sensor networks based on Zigbee, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth developed in the article according to the OSI model in the space “OSI layer – functions – protocols” built on the conception “object – threat – defense” and standardization. The results of modern research on security concerns related to wireless sensor networks cover a wide range of information security methods and tools. The application of system analysis and modeling methods to create complex security system of sensor networks based on ZigBee, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth according to the OSI model allows to develop effective approaches to information security of cyber-physical system wireless communication environment. The results of the conception “object – threat – defense” applying to provide security of sensor networks based on ZigBee and Wi-Fi at the application, presentation, session, transport, network, data link and physical layers of the OSI model for the relevant protocols, functions, threats and protection are given. The basis of the conception is the standardization related to the abovementioned network technologies. The proposed conception of ZigBee, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth sensor networks security is important for secure communication establishment between physical and cybernetic layers of cyber-physical system during registered information transmission through the sensor network from physical objects to embedded computer with the purpose of data processing and object state identification, and, based on it, making the control decision. The obtained results can be used to create complex security systems for the communication environment of cyber-physical systems, which will ensure safe processes of automation of Ukrainian industrial infrastructure objects and integration into the international intellectual space. The developed models are universal in the space of information security of cyber-physics systems and they form a strategy for further practical research and application.
Keywords: sensor network, Zigbee, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, cyber-physical system, OSI model, information security, object-threat-defense concept
1. “Proekt Koncepciji informacijnoji bezpeky Ukrajiny” [Draft Concept of Information Security of Ukraine], available at: www.mip.gov.ua/done_img/d/30-project_08_06_15.pdf.
2. Dudykevych, V.B., Mykytyn, Gh.V. and Rebecj, A.I. (2018), “Kvintesencija bezpeky kiberfizychnykh system” [Quantum safety of cybernetic systems], Informacijni systemy i merezhi, No. 887, pp. 58-69.
3. Dudykevych, V., Mykytyn, G., Kret, T. and Rebets, A. (2016), Security of Cyber-Physical Systems from Concept to Complex Information Security System, Advances in Cyber-Physical Systems, Vol. 1, No. 2, pp. 67-75.
4. Aleksander, M.B., Balaban, S.M., Karpinsjkyj, M.P., Rajba, S.A. and Chyzh, V.M. (2016), “Informacijna bezpeka v seredovyshhi bezprovodovykh sensornykh merezh: monoghrafija” [Information security in a wireless sensor network environment: a monograph], Vyd-vo TNTU imeni Ivana Puljuja, Ternopilj, 160 p.
5. Korchenko, O.Gh., Aljeksander, M.B., Odarchenko, R.S., Ali Nadzhi, A. and Petrenko, O.Ju. (2016), “Analiz zaghroz ta mekhanizmiv zabezpechennja informacijnoji bezpeky v sensornykh merezhakh” [Analysis of threats and mechanisms for providing information security in sensory networks], Zakhyst informaciji, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 48-56.
6. Voloshko, S.V. and Kurca, D.O. (2018), “Informacijna bezpeka v bezprovodovykh sensornykh merezhakh” [Information Security in Wireless Sensor Networks], Novitni informacijni systemy i tekhnologhiji, No. 9, available at: www.journals.pntu.edu.ua/mist/article/view/1039/869.
7. Romanov, V.O., Ghaleljuka, I.B. and Ostapenko, V.O. (2017), “Vymoghy do zabezpechennja funkcionaljnoji ta informacijnoji bezpeky bezdrotovykh sensornykh merezh” [Requirements for the provision of functional and informational security of wireless sensor networks], Komp'juterni zasoby, merezhi ta systemy, No. 16, pp. 106-117.
8. Harsh Kupwade Patil and Thomas M. Chen (2017), Wireless Sensor Network Security: The Internet of Things, Computer and Information Security Handbook, Chapter 18, pp. 317-337, available at: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/B9780128038437000181?via%3Dihub.
9. Tomić, I. and McCann, J.A. (2017), A Survey of Potential Security Issues in Existing Wireless Sensor Network Protocols, IEEE Internet of Things Journal, Vol. 4, No. 6, pp. 1910-1923.
10. Al-Rakhami, Mabrook and Almowuena, Saleh (2018), Wireless Sensor Networks Security: State of the Art, available at: https://arxiv.org/abs/1808.05272.
11. Saqib Ali, Taiseera Al, BalushiZia, NadirOmar and Khadeer, Hussain (2018), Wireless Sensor Network Security for Cyber-Physical Systems, Cyber Security for Cyber Physical Systems. Studies in Computational Intelligence, Vol. 768, pp. 35-63.
12. Wassim Itani, Ayman Kayssi and Ali Chehab (2016), Wireless Body Sensor Networks: Security, Privacy, and Energy Efficiency in the Era of Cloud Computing, International Journal of Reliable and Quality E-Healthcare (IJRQEH), Vol. 5, Is. 2, pp. 1-30.
13. Tebogo Kgogo, Bassey Isong and Adnan M. Abu-Mahfouz (2017), Software defined wireless sensor networks security challenges, IEEE AFRICON, pp. 1508-1513.
14. Waleed Al Shehri (2017), A Survey On Security In Wireless Sensor Networks, International Journal of Network Security & Its Applications (IJNSA), Vol. 9, No. 1, pp. 25-32.