Description: In article bases of construction and functioning of global satellite systems of definition of the location are considered. It is investigated questions of application of equipment of the given systems on base chassis of fire means of divisions of surface to air missile (SAM) troops for increase of reconnaissance, fire and maneuverable possibilities of regiment of antiaircraft rocket armies. The mechanism of influence of increase of efficiency and accuracy of definition of the location of mobile objects of fire divisions of antiaircraft rocket troops on their battle possibilities is analyzed. The article explores the possibility of using global positioning systems to enhance the combat capabilities of anti-aircraft missile forces. The use of modern navigation systems in the surface to antiaircraft rocket troops Air Force of the Armed Forces of Ukraine can increase the battle possibilities of units of the SAM troops (reconnaissance, fire, maneuverable). It is proposed to use radar of illumination and guidance in the chassis of the base machines of firing units of SAM troops (in medium-range units - radar highlighting and guidance, in units of short-range – self-propelled fire engines and launch-charging engines) for GPS trackers, and on the command post (CP) of the SAM monitoring station with appropriate software developed on the basis of existing military geographic information systems, which allow to assess the reconnaissance, fire and maneuverability capabilities of the SAM troops. Considering the scope of application, navigation signal receivers that will be installed on mobile military objects to improve accuracy, ensure reliability and continuity of determining the location of objects must be able to work with two navi-gation systems NAVSTAR (USA) and “Galileo” (EU). One of the most important issues that needs to be investigated is the provision of reliable interference-free communication channels between moving objects and the CP of the SAM troops.
Keywords: battle possibilities, fire divisions, antiaircraft rocket troops, satellite, navigation, global system of definition of the location, accuracy.
1. Halushko, Yu.I., Dudush, A.S. and Sedyshev, Yu.M. (2012), “Osoblyvosti orhanizatsii informatsiinoho zabezpechennia pidrozdiliv SAM troops pry vedenni boiovykh dii v yedynomu informatsiinomu prostori” [Features of the organization of information provision of ZRV units in the conduct of hostilities in a single information space], Systems of Arms and Military Equipment, No. 1(29), pp. 12-16.
2. Petrov, A. and Harisov, V. (2005), “Glonass. Principy postroeniya i funkcionirovaniya. Izd. 3-e“ [Glonass. Principles of con-struction and functions. Ed. 3.], Radiotechnics, Moscow, 688 р.
3. Toropchin, А., Romanenko, I. and Danik, Y. (2003), “Dovіdnik z protipovіtryanoji oboroni“ [Directory of Air Defends], Minis-try of Defence of Unkraine, Kyiv, 368 p.
4.Alimpiev, A., Florov, O. and Pichugin, M. (2017), “Zenіtnij raketnij kompleks Buk-M1” [Surface to air complexes Buk-M1],KNAFU, Kharkiv, 404 p.
5. Konin, V. and Harchenko, V. (2010), “Sistemy sputnikovoj radionavigacii” [Satellite navigation systems], Holteh, Kyiv, 520 p.
6. (2004), “Rukovodstvo po usovershenstvovannym sistemam upravleniya nazemnym dvizheniem i kontrolya za nim” [Guide toAdvanced Land Traffic Control and Control Systems], (Doc 9830), IKAO, 100 p.
7. Soloviov, Y.A. (2003), “Sputnikovaya navigaciya i ee prilozheniya” [Satellite navigation and their applications], EKO-TRENDZ, Moscow, 326 p.
8. Sotnikov, A.M. and Tarshin, A.M. (2013), “Problemy i perspektivy razvitiya navigacionnogo obespecheniya letatel'nyh appara-tov” [Problems and prospects for the development of navigation support aircraft], Scientific Works of Kharkiv National Air Force Uni-versity, No. 3(36), pp. 68-74.
9. Sushich, O.P. (2005), “Prognozuvannya pohibok pozicіyuvannya suputnikovih navіgacіjnih sistem” [Forecasting of positioning errors of satellite navigation system], Problems of informatization and operation, Collection of Scientific Works, pp. 90-94.
10. (1987), “Topopyazvychik 1T12-2M Tekhnicheskoe opisanie, instrukciya po ekspluatacii” [Topopyazvychik 1T12-2MTechnical description, instruction manual], Voennoe izdatelstvo, Moscow, 259 p.
11. Yarosh, S.P. (2016), “Analіz operacіyi ugrupovannya zbrojnih sil Rosіjskoyi Federacіyi u Sіrіjskіj Arabs'kіj Respublіcі”[Analysis operation of the group armed forces of the Russian Federation in the Syrian Arab Republic], Science and Technology of the Air Force of Ukraine, pp. 13-22.
12. Yarosh, S.P. (2012), “Teoretichnі osnovi pobudovi ta zastosuvannya rozvіduval'no-upravlyayuchih іnformacіjnih sistemprotipovіtryanoї oboroni” [Theoretical bases of construction and application of intelligence-operating information systems of air de-fense], KHAFU, Kharkiv, 512 р.
13. Parkinson, B.W. and Spilker, Jr.J. (1996), Global Position System: Theory and Application, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Washington, 793 p.