Description: The article deals with the issues of protection of diplomatic personnel with the beginning of the implementation of threats to its se-curity. The method of transition from protection of places of its compact stay to its evacuation is offered. The principle of this transition is presented, namely, the provision of a minimum transformation of the governing body and the military units of the interdepartmental forces of defense. The options of threats during the evacuation of diplomatic personnel are discussed and a variant of the original burial of the column with the specified personnel is offered at its evacuation. Crisis events associated with violations of public order, which occur periodically in large cities of Ukraine, force law enforcement agencies to focus on finding ways to guarantee public order. One of the main tasks in this area is the exclusion of provocative actions of offenders, which have a negative impact on the international image of Ukraine. In this regard, the important direction of the efforts of law-enforcers is ensuring the security of the operation of diplomatic missions and consular offices of foreign states located in the country. Violations of the security of their operation, attempts to implement security threats directly to diplomatic staff and their family members may lead to an unpredictable reaction from foreign countries and lead to irreversible consequences in international relations. In Ukraine, until now, there were no attempts to seize objects of diplomatic mission. However, in case of their occurrence, law enforcement agencies must be prepared to commit sufficient and permissible actions aimed at counteracting such unlawful interference. To do this, it is necessary to improve the system for the protection of the location of such facilities, as well as places of compact accommodation of diplomatic staff and be prepared to ensure adequate evacuation in times of crisis that will force this event. The transitional period from the protection of places of compact residence of diplomatic staff to his evacuation is quite complicated from the practical realization. There are no theoretical developments on this topic today, as well as the corresponding empirical experience, which in general is a certain problem. The solution to this is the task of developing tactical ways of transition to evacuation and its implementation, and first and foremost, in conditions of massive unrest and possible terrorist attacks directed at diplomatic personnel.
Keywords: National Guard of Ukraine, security, security, diplomatic missions, consular offices, diplomatic personnel, evacuation.
1. Decree of the Presidium of the Verkhovna Rada of the USSR (1964), “Pro dyplomatychni znosyny: Videnskakonventsiia vid 18 kvitnia 1961 roku (ratyfikovana z obmovkoiu Ukazom Prezydii VR SRSR № 2208-VI vid 11.02.1964 r. Ukazom Prezydii VR URSR vid 21.03.1964 r.)” [The Vienna Convention On Diplomatic Relations, of April 18, 1961 (ratified by the De-cree of the Presidium of the Verkhovna Rada of the USSR No. 2208-VI of 11.02.1964, Decree of the Presidium of the Verkhovna Rada of the USSR dated 21.03.1964)], available at: www.zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/995_048/conv (accessed 20 February 2019).
2. The Vienna Convention (1963), “Pro konsulski znosyny” [On Consular Relations], available at:www.zakon3.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/995_047 /conv (accessed 20 February 2019).
3. The Vienna Convention (1973), “Pro zapobihannia ta pokarannia zlochyniv proty osib, yaki nalezhat do personaludyplomatychnykh misii” [On the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Persons Who Personnel of Diplomatic Missions], available at: www.zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/995_389 (accessed 20 February 2019).
4. The Law of Ukraine (2014), “Pro Nacionalnu gvardiyu Ukrayiny No. 876-VII vid 13.03.2014” [About the NationalGuard of Ukraine No. 876-VII dated 13.03.2014], Official bulletin of Ukraine, No. 24, pp. 9.
5. Sutyushev, T.A. (2004), “Rekomendatsiyi z protydiyi protyvnyku, yakyy pronyknuv na terytoriyu aviabazy pryvyrishenni neyi zadachi z vyvodu aviatsiyi z pid udaru” [Recommendations on counteraction to the enemy who penetrated the territory of the airbase in solving it the task of withdrawing aviation from under attack], Trudy Akademiyi, No. 44, pp. 25-28.
6. Sannikov, S.G. and Vorobyov, V.I. (2018), “Zabezpechennya bezpeky dyplomatychnyh predstavnycztv i konsulskyhustanov inozemnyh derzhav, predstavnycztv mizhnarodnyh organizacij v Ukrayini: rol ta misce sluzhbovo-bojovoyi diyalnosti Nacionalnoyi gvardiyi Ukrayiny” [Ensuring the security of diplomatic missions and consular offices of foreign states, representa-tions of international organizations in Ukraine: the role and place of military and military activities of the National Guard of Ukraine], Honor and Law, No. 1, pp. 53-57.
7. The Order of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine (2014), “Polozhennya pro vijskovi chastyny i pidrozdily zohorony dyplomatychnyh predstavnycztv, konsulskyh ustanov inozemnyh derzhav, predstavnycztv mizhnarodnyh organizacij v Ukrayini Nacionalnoyi gvardiyi Ukrayiny No. 713 vid 22.07.2014” [Regulations on military units and units for the protection of diplomatic missions, consular posts of foreign states, representations of international organizations in Ukraine of the National Guard of Ukraine No. 713 dated 22.07.2014], available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z0934-14.
8. The Order of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine (2014), “Polozhennya pro organizaciyu ta nesennya sluzhby zoрorony dyplomatychnyр predstavnycztv, konsulskyр ustanov inozemnyр derzhav, predstavnycztv mizhnarodnyр organizacij v Ukrayini vijskovymy chastynamy i pidrozdilamy Nacionalnoyi gvardiyi Ukrayiny No. 74 vid 02.02.2016” [Regulations on theorganization and maintenance of a service for the protection of diplomatic missions, consular posts of foreign states, representa-tions of international organizations in Ukraine by military units and units of the National Guard of Ukraine No. 74 vid 02.02.2016], available at: http://search.ligazakon.ua/l_doc2.nsf/link1/RE28450.html.
9. Konoplyanyk, O.S., Grechanyuk, S.K. and Galay, V.O. (2016), “Administratyvno-pravove regulyuvannya ohorony Na-cioalnoyu gvardiyeyu Ukrayiny dyplomatychnyh predstavnycztv inozemnyh derzhav” [Administrative and Legal Regulation of the Protection of the Diplomatic Missions of Foreign States by the National Guard of Ukraine], Kyiv Human Rights Alliance, Kyiv, 182 p.
10. Bureau of Diplomatic Security, available at: www.state.gov/m/ds (accessed 20 February 2019).
11. U.S. Code § 4802 - Responsibility of the Secretary of State, available at: www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/22/4802(accessed 20 February 2019).
12. Young, W. (2013), Embassy Security: From the Outside In, RAND Corporation, Santa Monica, 6 p.