Description: One of the requirements for radar information is the accuracy of measuring the coordinates by targets, in particular, their azimuth. In the survey radars of the “old” park, the accuracy of determining the target azimuth is low. This is due to various factors, the main of which are: the azimuth position of the antenna is determined by the use of selsyns or sinusoidal-cosine rotat-ing transformers; formation of labels of azimuth is carried out using pulses obtained from the output of special discs with contact pads; the processing of signals at the output of these devices is carried out in an analogous way. In order to reduce errors in the measurement of azimuth targets in the radar of the specified class, it is proposed to form scale azimuth pulses. The developed scheme of a digital former allows not only to generate such impulses, but also to take into account the instability of the antenna rotational speed. The basis of the device is the calculation of impulses (from the clock generator) in the counter to a certain val-ue. In order to take into account the instability of the antenna rotational speed, a second counter, which calculates the number of pulses during the receipt period of azimuth ten-degree labels, is used in the scheme. The value at the output of this counter corre-sponds to the actual antenna rotational speed. This value is written in the register and is taken into account in the formation of scale azimuth pulses in the next azimuthal ten-degree sector. For this, the output values of both counters are fed into a compari-son device, the output of which is the formation of scale azimuth pulses. To generate a code of scale azimuth pulses, an addi-tional counter is set up at the output of the scheme. The analysis of the proposed scheme showed that the main mistakes in deter-mining the current position of the antenna are errors due to the lack of pulse synchronization and errors due to the aging of in-formation on the period of receipt of ten-degree labels azimuth. The total potential errors in the proposed method do not exceed the value of six angular minutes.
Keywords: radar station, synchronous tracking drive, selsyn, rotating transformer, azimuth mark, scale azimuth pulses.
1. Alimpiyev, A.M. and Pyevtsov, H.V. (2017), “Osoblyvosti hibrydnoyi viyny RF proty Ukrayiny. Dosvid, shcho otry-manyy Povitryanymy Sylamy Zbroynykh Syl Ukrayiny” [Features of the hybrid war against the Russian Federation. Experience gained by the Air Forces of the Armed Forces of Ukraine], Science and Technology of the Air Force of Ukraine, No. 2(27), pp. 19-25. https://doi.org/10.30748/nitps.2017.27.03.
2. Shamko, Ye.V., Zharyk, O.M. and Kovalʹ, V.V. (2017), “Osnovni osoblyvosti zastosuvannya Povitryanykh Syl v suchasnykh umovakh vedennya zbroynoyi borotʹby” [The main features of the use by the Air Force in the current conditions of armed struggle], Science and Technology of the Air Force of Ukraine, No. 2(27), pp. 15-18. https://doi.org/10.30748/nitps.2017.27.02.
3. Beylis, L.V., Zyukin, V.F. and Kukobko, S.V. (2017), Radar reconnaissance capabilities estimation of low-sized low-altitude aircrafts by means of radiotechnical troops surveillance radars, Information Processing Systems, No. 1(147), pp. 6-8. https://doi.org/10.30748/soi.2017.147.01.
4. Chepurnyy, V.A., Alʹbert, V.Y., Serdyuk, O.V. and Khudov, H.V. (2016), “Analiz radiolokatsiynykh system vyyavlen-nya malorozmirnykh povitryanykh obʺyektiv” [Analysis of radar detection systems for small-sized air objects], Information Processing Systems, No. 1(138), pp. 53-57.
5. Kharitonov, A.V. and Zhurakovskiy, V.N. (2016), “Issledovaniye vliyaniya oshibki opredeleniya uglovykh koordinat na opredeleniye koordinat tseli v obzornoy RLS” [Study of the influence by the error in determining the angular coordinates on the coordinates determination of a target in a survey radar], International Scientific Magazine “Innovation Science”, No. 6, pp. 155-160.
6. Repas, Robert (2013), Multi-turn absolute encoders, available at: www.machinedesign.com/article/multi-turn-absolute-encoders-0412 (accessed 20 February 2013).
7. Eitel, Elisabeth (2014), Basics of rotary encoders: Overview and new technologies, Machine Design Magazine, 7 May, available at: www.machinedesign.com/sensors/basics-rotary-encoders-overview-and-new-technologies-0 (accessed 30 June 2014).
8. Ivakhno, V.S. and Voytitskiy, S.A. (2014), “Osobennosti postroyeniya tsifrovykh preobrazovateley ugla v malogabarit-nykh radiolokatsionnykh stantsiyakh” [Features of the construction of digital angle converters in small-sized radar stations], News of the Tula State University. Technical science, Vol. 11, Pаrt 2, pp. 284-288.
9. Prokofiev, G., Stakhin, V. and Obednin, A. (2014), “K1382NKH045 – mikroskhema preobrazovatelya fazy kvadratur-nogo signala v kod polozheniya” [К1382НХ045 – a chip of the converter of a phase of a quadrature signal in the code of position], Modern electronics, No. 6, pp. 46-49.
10. Anufriev, V., Luzhbinin, A. and Shumilin, S. (2015), “Mikroskhema preobrazovatelya ugol–kod dlya induktivnykh datchikov” [Angle-code converter chip for inductive sensors], Modern electronics, No. 3, pp. 44-47.
11. Malyshev, O.A., Araslanov, M.R., Piskun, O.M. and Chekirov, Ye.S. (2018), “Vybir sposobu formuvannya tsyfrovoho kodu azymutalʹnoho polozhennya anteny v ohlyadovykh RLS “staroho” parku” [Choice of a method for forming a digital code of the azimuthal position of the antenna in the surveillance radar of the “old” park], Systems of Arms and Military Equipment, No. 1(53), pp. 175-182. https://doi.org/10.30748/soivt.2018.53.25.
12. Skoryk, A.B., Florov, O.D., Balakleyetsʹ, O.S., Maksymchuk, D.O. and Haryachyy, M.V. (2015), “Rozrobka propozyt-siy shchodo vdoskonalennya trenazhno-imitatsiynoyi aparatury samokhidnoyi vohnevoyi ustanovky” [Development of proposals for the improvement of the simulation and simulation equipment of self-propelled fire installation], Systems of Arms and Military Equipment, No. 1(41), pp. 65-69.
14. Rysakov, M.D., Titov, I.V., Symonenko, O.V., Kulyk, O.P. and Karyev, V.H. (2017), “Optymalʹnyy alhorytm roboty vymiryuvacha kutovykh koordynat litaka po syhnalam kanalu avtosuprovodzhennya u skladi posadkovoho radiolokatoru” [Op-timum algorithm of work in composition the landing radio-locator of measuring device of angular co-ordinates of airplane on the signals of channel of autoaccompaniment], Science and Technology of the Air Force of Ukraine, No. 2(27), pp. 110-115. https://doi.org/10.30748/nitps.2017.27.21.