Description: A rapid reaction border command post is a structural unit of a border guard detachment, which is intended to protect and enhance the protection of a specific sector of the State Border and must promptly redeploy its own forces and facilities. The suc- cess of the tasks set for the unit largely depends on the timely arrival at the point of destination. Operational transportation of a significant amount of weapons, personnel and diverse cargoes in the land area is carried out by using of means of transport. At the preparatory stage of the organization of transportation, the problem of forming an optimal composition of the motor convoy is solved. In parallel with its solution, it is necessary to solve the task of selecting the routes of movement for the motor convoy. The effectiveness of military transportations by motor transport on land depends to a large extent on the solution of tasks con- cerning the qualitative formation of convoy composition and the selection of its route of movement. At the same time, solving these problems may involve the use of methodology for assessing the efficiency of transportation as an instrument. The article presents a methodology for solving the task of evaluating the effectiveness of military transportations by a motor convoy while executing tasks of operational and service activities by a rapid response border command of the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine. The list of significant indicators for estimating the efficiency of transportation of reserves is formed; their structuring is carried out in the research. The calculation model of the methodology takes into account the distance and time of transportation, the mass and volume of cargoes, the number of personnel and equipment, the reliability, tactical and technical characteristics of equipment, transportation costs. The proposed methodology, taking into account the initial conditions and requirements for transportation, enables to evaluate the efficiency of transportation according to the tactical, technical, economic and complex indicators of efficiency and to predict the appropriate routes of movement for a convoy. The need to use these indicators is sub- stantiated by the fact that when evaluating the effectiveness of military transportation, the possibility of performing the task of arriving at the destination point by a convoy, the technical condition of transportation means at the time of arrival at the destina- tion, and the possibility of their further use, as well as cost parameters for the transportations should be taken into account.
Keywords: convoy, motor transport, parameters, indicators, methodology, transportation efficiency.
1. Mayboroda, M.E. (2008), “Gruzovyie avtomobilnyie perevozki” [Freight road transport], Feniks, Rostov-on-Don, 208 p.
2. Achkasova, L.M. (2014), “Otsinka efektyvnosti protsesu perevezennia vantazhiv” [Evaluating the efficiency of freight transportation], Collection of Scientific Works, “Economics of the Transport Complex”, No. 24, pp. 117-124.
3. Razdorozhniy, A.A. (2009), “Ekonomika otrasli (avtomobilnyiy transport)” [Economics of the industry (road transport)], RIOR, Moscow, 316 p.
4. Kvitko, H.D. (2003), “Effektivnost ispolzovaniya gruzovyih avtomobiley” [The effectiveness of the use of trucks], Moscow, Transport, 174 p.
5. Mirotin, L.B. (2002), “Logistika: upravlenie v gruzovyih transportno-logisticheskih sistemah” [Logistics: management in freight transport and logistics systems], Yurist, Moscow, 414 p.
6. Khmelnitsky, A.D. (2006), “Ekonomika i upravlenie na gruzovom avtomobilnom transporte” [Economics and management of freight transport], Akademiya, Moscow, 256 p.
7. Gorev, A.E. (2008), “Gruzovyie avtomobilnyie perevozki ” [Freight road transport], Akademiya, Moscow, 288 p.
8. Borovyk, O., Rachok, R., Borovyk, L. and Kupelskyi, V. (2017), “Matematychna model zadachi formuvannia skladu transportnoi kolony prykordonnoi komendatury shvydkoho reahuvannia ta yii prohramno-alhorytmichna realizatsiia” [The Mathematical model of the problem of formation of the convoy of frontier commandant rapid response and its software-algorithmic implementation], Collection of Scientific Works of the Military Institute of the Kyiv National University, No. 24, pp. 117-124.
9. Borovyk, O. and Kupelskyi, V. (2018), “Rozmichennia hrafa merezhi dorih pry rozviazuvanni zadachi vyboru optymalnoho marshrutu rukhu kolony tekhniky prykordonnoi komendatury shvydkoho” [Graph labelling of road network while solving the problem of selecting optimal traffic route for motor convoy of rapid mobility border command post], Collection of Scientific Papers of the National Academy of the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine, No. 2(76), pp. 244-255.
10. The Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine (1998), “Pytannia oplaty pratsi pratsivnykiv derzhavnykh orhaniv No. 15 vid 29.05.1998 r.” [The issue of pay public employees No. 759 dated 29.05.1998], available at: www.search.ligazakon.ua/l_doc2.nsf/link1/KP980759.html.
11. Baran, J. and Zak, J. (2014), Multiple Criteria Evaluation of transportation performance for selected agribusiness companies, Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, No. 111, pp. 320-329, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sbspro.2014.01.065.
12. Brunner, H., Hirz1, M., Hirschberg, W. and Fallast, K. (2014), Evaluation of various means of transport for urban areas, Energy, Sustainability and Society, No. 3, pp. 1-11. https://doi.org/10.1186/s13705-018-0149-0.
13. Wang, X., Chen, Y. and Zhang, L. (2013), The transport performance evaluation system building of logistics enterprises, Journal of Industrial Engineering and Management, No. 4(6). https://doi.org/10.3926/jiem.784.
14. Ganin, A.A., Kitsak, M., Marchese, D., Keisler, J.M., Seager, T. and Linkov, I. (2017), Resilience and efficiency in transportation networks, Science Advances, No. 3, pp. 1-8. https://doi: 10.1126/sciadv.1701079.
15. Fu, J. (2017), Evaluating and Improving the Transport Efficiency of Logistics Operations, Department of Transport Science, Stockholm, 61 p. available at: www.diva-portal.org/smash/record.jsf?pid=diva2%3A1083891&dswid=8230 (accessed 18 September 2019).
16. Dong, L., Li, R., Zhang, J. and Di, Z. (2016), Population-weighted efficiency in transportation networks, Scientific Re- ports, No. 6, available at: www.nature.com/articles/srep26377, https://doi.org/10.1038/srep26377.
17. Li, Z., Zhao, L. and Yuan, Z. (2016), Highway Transportation Efficiency Evaluation for Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei Region Based on Advanced DEA Model, International Review for Spatial Planning and Sustainable Development, No. 4, pp. 36-44. https://doi.org/10.14246/irspsd.4.3_36.
18. Fitzova, H., Matulova, M. and Tomes, Z. (2018), Determinants of urban public transport efficiency: case study of the Czech Republic, European Transport Research Review, No. 10. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12544-018-0311-y.
19. Hajduk, S. (2018), Efficiency evaluation of urban transport using the DEA method, Equilibrium. Quarterly Journal of Economics and Economic Policy, No. 13(1), pp. 141-157. https://doi.org/10.24136/eq.2018.008.
20. Yaliniz, P., Bilgic, S., Vitosoglu, Y. and Turan, C. (2011), Evaluation of urban public transportation efficiency in Ku- tahya, Turkey, Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, No. 20, pp. 885-895. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sbspro.2011.08.097.
21. Zhao, T., Huang, J., Shi, J. and Chen, C. (2018), Route Planning for Military Ground Vehicles in Road Networks under Uncertain Battlefield Environment, Journal of Advanced Transportation Received, No. 1, pp. 1-10, available at: www.hindawi.com/journals/jat/2018/2865149/. https://doi.org/10.1155/2018/2865149.