Description: The article discusses the main features of the field manual NO 3-01.7(3-01.11) air defense artillery brigade operations U.S. armed forces. The structural logic diagram of the main documents that were used in the development of the field manual air defense artillery brigade is given. Тhe appropriateness of using the provisions of the field manual FM 3-01.7(11)in the develop-ment or improvement of the combat charter for Armed forces of Ukraine air defense units is determined. Field Statute for Air Defense Forces of the Armed Forces (Brigade) FM 3-01.7 is the basic guide for the JI Air Defense Brigade. FM 3.01-7 Field Statute is intended primarily for commanders, staff officers and officers of the JI Air Defense Forces. Emphasis is placed on assisting rather than strictly regulating actions and using the commander's tactical thinking, depending on the circumstances. A special feature of the statute is the existence of specific examples and separate provisions governing the activities of the commander and officers of the Joint Forces Air Defense Forces. With the lowering of the status hierarchy, there is a greater detail and regulation of the activities of the respective officials and structures of the armed forces. Most US Army regulations are open to access. As the analysis of the content of the JI Air Defense Statute (FM) 3-01.7 shows, the JI Air Defense Team can act both within the JI corps and within the unions above the corps. A special feature of the statute is the presence of schemes for the organization of air defense in the conduct of defense and offensive by the Army Corps, during the movement of troops, on the cover of the rear of the corps, in carrying out the withdrawal of their troops and honing the forces of the enemy. Manual activi-ties in the Armed Forces of Ukraine may include provisions that primarily increase the overall theoretical level of training of Commanders. The integration of Ukraine into NATO, the participation of Ukrainian units and units in international military cooperation and peacekeeping operations requires consideration of the possibility of improving the combat status of the Air Forces of the Armed Forces of Ukraine on the example of the US Armed Forces FM 44-100 and FM 3-01.7 (11).
Keywords: air defense, field manual, hierarchical construction principles, Ukraine's integration into NATO.
1. Ivashenco, G.І. (2004), “Osoblyvosti osnovnykh polozhen polyovyh statutiv FM 100-6 та FM 100-34 Zbroynych Syl USA” [Features of the main provisions of field manual FM 100-6 and FM 100-34 U.S. armed forces], Science and Defense, No. 4, pp. 29-32.
2. Pechurov, S.L. (2004), “Rozhdenie vidovoy koncepcii suhoputnyh voysk USA” [The birth of a species concept for the U.S. Ground Forces], Independent military Reviev, No. 8(368).
3. Medin, А. (2000), “Osobennosti razvitiya suhoputnyh voysk USA” [Features of development of the U.S. Ground Forces], Foreign Military Reviev, No. 1, pp. 10-18.
4. (2015), FM 3-01. United States Army Air and Missile Defense Operations, available at: www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy/army/fm/3-0/index.html.
5. Federation of American Scientists (2011), Field manual No 44-100 US Army Air and Missile Defense Operations, avail-able at: www.fas.org/spp/ starwars/docops/fm44-100fd/index.html.
6. Headquarters, Department of the Army (2010), Field manual No 3-01.7 Air Defense Artillery Brigade Operations, Washington, DC, available at: www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy /army/fm/3-01-7/index.html.
7. (2014), ATP 3-91.1. The Joint Air Ground Integration Center, available at: www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy /army/fm/3 ATP 3-91.1./index.html.
8. Official document (2011), “Nacionalnaya voennaya strategiya SSHA” [US National Military Strategy], Foreign Military Observation, No. 5, pp. 28-36, available at: http://militaryarticle.ru/zarubezhnoe-voennoe-obozrenie/2011-zvo/8042-nacionalnaja-voennaja-strategija-ssha.
9. Kadyuk, V.K. (2002), “Obsuzhdaem boevoj ustav” [We discuss the charter of war], Military Thought, No. 5, pp. 36-41.
10. The Armed Forces of Ukraine (2012), “Bojovij statut vіjsk PPO SV. Chastyna 1 (zenіtnij raketnij polk, okremij radіotekhnіchnij bataljon)” [The combat status of air defense forces. Part 1 (Anti-aircraft Missile Regiment, Separate Radio Battalion)], Kyiv, 215 p.
11. The Armed Forces of Ukraine (2012), “Bojovij statut vіjsk PPO SV. Chastyna 2 (divіzіon, batareya (rota), vzvod, vіddіlennya, obsluga)” [The combat status of air defense forces. Part 2 (Division, Battery (Company), Platoon, Branch, Service)], Kyiv, 240 p.
12. Gruzdev, B.P. (2003), “Problemy fundamentalizacii operativno-takticheskoj i taktiko-specialnoj podgotovki v voennom obrazovanii” [Problems of Fundamentalization of Operational-Tactical and Tactical-Special Training in Military Education], Bulletin of the Academy of Military Sciences, No. 1(2), pp. 82-91.