Description: As the experience of the Combined Forces Operation demonstrates, radio relay communication is an integral part of the troop control system, it helps to link control points of units and connections to a fixed communication network, especially in cases where the combat situation does not allow the deployment of wire communication lines. Today, in combat units and companies which where performing tasks in the OSS area, the vital information exchange is carried out using modern, secure digital means, including radio relay communications, such as the P-425S3, P-402, Ubiquiti AirGrid M5 HP 27. The resulted samples of technology correspond to modern requirements and tendencies of development of military radio relay communication. But, despite the foregoing, modern means of radio-relay communication have in our opinion one specific vulnerability related to the methods of formation and processing of carrier signals at stations, this is the application of harmonic signals. These types of signals do not meet the requirements of stealth in full, since they differ from noise in the correlation, spectral and nonlinear analysis. The steganographic methods of information concealment are an actual approach to increase the stealth of radio communication systems (including radio relay): the use of broadband (using pseudo-random sequences) signals, that is, work in “noise”, when the reconnaissance receiver can not detect (accumulate) a signal is transmitted, for account of the similarity of the signal to a random process in the case of visual, correlation, and spectral analysis. The analysis of the statistical and dynamic characteristics of the basic pseudo-random sequence of numbers generated by the multiplicative congruent Lemer method shows that the characteristics of the PRS are similar to the characteristics of the observation noise, with the exception of the autocorrelation function. The frequency modulation of the harmonic carrier by the information sequence, which is formed with the help of “Lemer codes”, allows obtaining an information signal having increased secrecy due to the similarity of its phase portrait and the correlation (autocorrelation) function with similar observation noise indicators. Thus, the idea of using such a signal can be realized for the hidden methods of transmission of digital information in the complexes of broadband microwave radio relay communications, in turn, they will be successfully integrated into the prospective concealed control system of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
Keywords: radio communication, stealth, traffic, multiplier congruent method of Lemer, noise of observation
1. Kushnir, O.I., Vasiuta, K.S., Ozerov, S.V., Lytvyn, A.V. and Severilov, A.V. (2017), “Osnovni tendentsii ta perspektyvy rozvytku viiskovoho radioreleinoho zviazku” [Main trends and development prospects of military radio relay communication], Scientific Works of Kharkiv National Air Force University, No. 4(53), pp. 7-11.
2. Sakarellos,V.K., Skraparlis, D. and Panagopoulos, A.D. (2010), Outage Performance Analysis of a Dual-Hop Radio Relay System Operating at Frequencies above 10GHz, IEEE Transactions on Communications, No. 58(11), рр. 3104-3109.
3. Geng, Li., Yuping, Z. and Kaigui, B. (2016), Efficient User Association in Cellular Networks With Hybrid Cognitive Radio Relays, IEEE Communications Letters, No. 20(7), pp. 1413-1416.
4. Musavian, L., Aissa, S. and Lambotharan, S. (2014), Effective capacity for interference and delay constrained cognitive radio relay channels, IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, No. 9(5), pp. 1698-1707.
5. Vasyta, K.S. and Ozerov, S.V. (2013), “Steghanoghrafycheskaja setj peredachy dannykh na osnove MIMO-tekhnologhyy y khaotycheskykh nesushhykh” [Steganographic data network based on MIMO technology and chaotic carriers], Problems of telecommunications, No. 2(11), pp. 56-65, аvailable at: www.pt.journal.kh.ua/2013/2/1/132 vasyta steg.pdf
6. Kushnir, A.I., Vasiuta, K.S., Sukharevskii, O.I., Ozerov, S.V. and Koroliuk, A.N. (2013), “Analiz vozmozhnosti primeneniia multiplikativnogo kongruentnogo metoda Lemera dlia steganograficheskoi peredachi dannykh v sisteme voennoi radiosviazi” [Analysis of possibility of application the multiplicative congruent method of Lemer for steganographic transmitting data in the military radiosystem], Scientific Works of Kharkiv National Air Force University, No. 4(37), pp. 66-69.
7. Borisov, V.I., Zinchuk, V.M. and Limarev, A.E. (2008), “Pomekhozashhyshhennostj system radyosvjazy s rasshyrenyem spektra syghnalov metodom psevdosluchajnoj perestrojky rabochej chastoty” [Interference immunity of radio communication systems with the expansion of the spectrum of signals by the method of pseudo-random tuning of the operating frequency], RadioSoft, Moscow, 512 p.
8. Varakin, L.E. (1985),“Systemy svjazy s shumopodobnymy syghnalamy” [Communication systems with noise-like signals], Radio and Communication, Moscow, 384 p.
9. Kostenko, P.Ju., Vasjuta, K.S. and Barsukov, A.N. (2010), “Yspoljzovanye BDS-statystyky dlja ocenky skrytnosty syghnala, poluchennogho peremeshyvanyem khaotycheskoj nesushhej” [Using BDS-statistics to estimate concealment signal obtained chaotic carrier stirring ], News of universities. Radioelectronics, No 5(53), pp.41-45.
10. Patidar,V., Sud, K.K. and Pareek, N.K. (2009), A pseudo random bit generatorbased on chaotic logistic map and its statistical testing, Informatica, No. 33(4), pp. 441-452.
11. Cho, K. and Miyano, T. (2015), Chaotic cryptography using augmented Lorenz equations aided by quantum key distribution, IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst. No. 62(2), pp. 478-487.
12. Zhu, C., Zhang, L., Wang, Y., Liu, J. and Mao, L. (2008), Periodic performance of the chaotic spread spectrum sequence on finite precision, Journal of Systems Engineering and Electronics, Vol. 19, No. 4, pp. 672–678.