Annotation: Subject of study. The article proposes a new adaptive method for color correction of web-cameras in stereo vision systems to improve the quality of their work. The goal is a comparative analysis of the quality indicators of the known color correction methods for stereo pair cameras, and the development of a new adaptive method and working algorithms for the joint procedure for color correction and rectification of the video stream frames of the left and right cameras. Tasks: Conduct a theoretical analysis of the quality indicators of known methods and color correction algorithms, develop adequate criteria for assessing the quality of their work, suggest new methods and working algorithms for their implementation. Carry out experimental studies of these algorithms. Assess the performance of the stereo system in the laboratory, and verify the reliability of the results by statistical analysis methods. Methods used: Comparative analysis of known methods and algorithms by statistical modeling, synthesis of new algorithms and evaluation of their performance through laboratory tests. The results: a comparative analysis of the known methods effectiveness of stereo cameras color correction was carried out, a new, more effective adaptive method for solving this problem was proposed. Findings. Scientific novelty of the results: a new method for correcting the color balance of web cameras used in stereoscopic vision systems has been created, which is highly accurate in color correction.
1. Protasov, S.I., Kurgalin, S.D. and Kryloveckij, A.A. (2011), “Ispolzovanie web-kamer v kachestve istochnika potokastereopar” [Using webcams as a source of stereo pair stream], Vestnik VGU, Seriya: sistemnyj analiz i informacionnye tehnologii, No. 2, Voronezh.
2. Pankrashina, Z. (2013), “Cifrovaya obrabotka izobrazhenij kak signalov. Kompyuternaya grafika” [Digital processingof images as signals. Computer graphics], available at: www.myshared.ru/slide/529382/.
3. Lyudvichenko, V. (2019), “Metody cvetokorrekcii stereovideo” [Color correction methods for stereo video], VideoGroup CS MSU Graphics & Media Lab (Video Group), available at: www.compression.ru/video/.
4. Bouguet, J.-Y. (2015), Camera calibration in the Camera Calibration Toolbox for Matlab program, available at:www.vision.caltech.edu/bouguetj/calib_doc/.
5. Shapiro, Linda G. and Stockman, George C. (2001), Computer Vision, Prentice Hall, 580 p.
6. Konushin, A. (2008), “Stereorekonstrukciya” [Stereoreconstruction], MGU, VMiK, Moscow, available at:www.courses.graphicon.ru/main/vision2008.
7. Kruchinin, A. (2011), “Funkcii stereozreniya v OpenCV” [Stereovision functions in OpenCV], available at:https://docplayer.ru/53282398-Funkcii-stereozreniya-v-opencv.html.
8. Chafonova, V.G. and Gazeeva, I.V. (2014), “Metody formirovaniya izobrazhenij stereopary s zadannym znacheniemparallaksa” [Stereopair imaging methods with a given parallax value], Scientific and Technical Journal of Information Technolo-gies, Mechanics and Optics, No. 6(94), Sankt-Peterburgskij gosudarstvennyj universitet kino i televideniya, Sankt-Peterburg.
9. Howse, Joseph and Minichino, Joe (2015), Learning OpenCV 3 Computer Vision with Python, Packt Publishing,ISBN: 9781785289774.
10. Kapur, Saurabh (2017), Computer Vision with Python 3, Packt Publishing, ISBN: 978-1-78829-976-3.
11. Prateek, Joshi (2015), OpenCV with Python By Example, Packt Publishing, ISBN: 978-1-78528-393-2.
12. “Biblioteka kompyuternogo zreniya OpenCV” [OpenCV Computer Vision Library], available at:www.docs.opencv.org/trunk/doc/py_tututoria/py_objdetect/py_face_detection/py_face_detection.html.
13. Bovykin, A.V. (2016), “Razrabotka multimedijnyh prilozhenij s ispolzovaniem bibliotek OpenCV i IPP” [Developmentof multimedia applications using the OpenCV and IPP libraries], Internet-Universitet Informacionnyh Tehnologij (INTUIT), available at: www.iprbooksshop.ru/39564/.
14. Evsegneev, O. (2017), “OpenCV na python: poisk cvetnogo obekta” [OpenCV on Python: finding a color object], avail-able at: www.robotclass.ru/tutorials/opencv-moments-color-object-search/.
15. “Gistogramma risovaniya v OpenCV with Python” [OpenCV-Python drawing histogram], available at:www.qaru.site/questions/371882/drawing-histogram-in-opencv-python.
16. Hubel, David H. (1995), Eye, Brain and Vision (Scientific American Library), W.H. Freeman, 256 p.